Cannot upgrade to iOS 11.0.3

Found 23rd Oct 2017
On my iPhone 6 I can see that the latest version is available for upgrade but when I press Download and Install nothing happens. I have 1.5 GB of space available and have tried rebooting my iPhone. Anyone else experience the same issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

1.5GB is nowhere near enough free space. The download alone would probably require nearly 2GB and then you'll also need free space for decompression and installation. In total, you would probably need 3 - 4GB of free space to upgrade.

If you upgrade via iTunes, you should need less space as the upgrade files will be downloaded onto your computer instead of your phone.
Edited by: "PhoenixRising" 23rd Oct 2017

Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestion but actual update says you need 276.3 mb. In the past it would have said there is not enough space. Now occasionally after a reboot it asks for my pin code and then nothing happens. I can try and free up more space but somehow I don’t think this is the problem.

sydney87124 m ago

Thanks for your suggestion but actual update says you need 276.3 mb. In …Thanks for your suggestion but actual update says you need 276.3 mb. In the past it would have said there is not enough space. Now occasionally after a reboot it asks for my pin code and then nothing happens. I can try and free up more space but somehow I don’t think this is the problem.

Ah, I guess you're on IOS 11 already and it's just a point update. Still, have you tried updating via iTunes?

i upgraded to this on my ipad air last week and it has drained the battery and doesn't work properly. i read on google that ios 11.0.3 is full of problems, draining battery being one of them. may be a good idea not to upgrade and stay with what you have for now.

Try it again with it plugged in to the charger. It wont install with a low battery. iOS 11.0.3 is fine for me on ipad air 2 and iPhone 8.

Original Poster

Wadda18 m ago

Try it again with it plugged in to the charger. It wont install with a low …Try it again with it plugged in to the charger. It wont install with a low battery. iOS 11.0.3 is fine for me on ipad air 2 and iPhone 8.

I have tried it with 100% battery and with it powered in as well as with WiFi and 4g no luck. Thanks

Original Poster

PhoenixRising9 h, 21 m ago

Ah, I guess you're on IOS 11 already and it's just a point update. Still, …Ah, I guess you're on IOS 11 already and it's just a point update. Still, have you tried updating via iTunes?

Not yet. I need to sign on to my pc and then iTunes. I will try this as a last resort as I have read and someone pointed out that it drains your battery .

Wadda56 m ago

Try it again with it plugged in to the charger. It wont install with a low …Try it again with it plugged in to the charger. It wont install with a low battery. iOS 11.0.3 is fine for me on ipad air 2 and iPhone 8.

Second this, no issues for me either although I do have the 8+

Kept what you have on it for now, ios 11.3.3 is messing up a lot of iphones, mine included. Just type into twitter #ios11 and have a read.

It does sound like you have tried all options. There is a possibility the download may have got corrupted.

Try: Remove and download the iOS update again

If you still can’t install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:
Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.
If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Let me guess you have a 16gb iphone LOL.

Original Poster

pricesavvy17 h, 5 m ago

It does sound like you have tried all options. There is a possibility the …It does sound like you have tried all options. There is a possibility the download may have got corrupted. Try: Remove and download the iOS update againIf you still can’t install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.Find the iOS update in the list of apps.Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes.

Tried this couldn’t find it but I managed to download the update somehow. It now fails in the verification stage. I still cannot find where it has download it since it’s not showing up in the storage area. Looks like I’ll have to go the iTunes route.

Original Poster

Justsuperman57 m ago

Let me guess you have a 16gb iphone LOL.

Yep.

sydney87115 m ago

Yep.

I remember the nightmares of owning one never again 256gb iphone 7 and now 8. You won’t make that mistake again neither will I
Post a comment
@
    Text