Canon 1000D lenses

I've been doing plenty of research lately after receiving a Canon 1000D DSLR camera for Christmas. I'm on the lookout for a new lense which will give me good allround quality, without breaking the bank.

I've got my eye on two lenses, which seem good. I checked reviews for them both & both seem good, but as usual this sites/members opinions always matter.

The two lenses are...

Sigma 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DG Macro (Canon AF)
Canon EF55-200mm F4.5/5.6 MK2 USM

Will these lenses fit the 1000D & are they good starter lenses?

If anyone can recommend anymore for me, or any better deals that would be great.

8 Comments

Try [url]www.camerapricebuster.co.uk[/url]
Also you can order from HK which I have done in the past and arrives in 5 days roughly from onestop-digital.com/cat…og/

Any canon mount lens will fit the 1000d. sigma tamron canon tokina etc.

esq3585;3877465

Try [url]www.camerpricebuster.co.uk[/url]Also you can order from HK which … Try [url]www.camerpricebuster.co.uk[/url]Also you can order from HK which I have done in the past and arrives in 5 days roughly from http://www.onestop-digital.com/catalog/

slight spelling mistake in the first url there, should be camerapricebuster.co.uk/ :thumbsup:

SunTzu;3877500

slight spelling mistake in the first url there, should be … slight spelling mistake in the first url there, should be http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/ :thumbsup:

Cheers dude. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

The Canon 28-200mm also seems like a good lense & get good vibes? :?

I'd recommend ensuring you buy a lens with stabilisation for shooting at longer focal lengths, the Sigma you've mentioned doesn't sound like it has IS, I thought the Canon mk II lens did but perhaps not. I find having stabilisation makes using these types of lenses a lot easier handheld.

Another factor is the field of view you get on your 1000D which is narrower than a 35mm based SLR, the Sigma you've mentioned has a focal length designed for a 35mm camera which means it's not going to be quite as versatile on a 1000D. The 28mm starting point is a wide angle on a larger sensor camera but is a normal field of view on the 1000D although it does mean you get in a little closer at 300mm. This is why Canon's 18-200mm starts at 18mm instead - this gives a similar field of view to the 28-300mm for a cropped sensor camera such as the 1000D.

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;3881028

I'd recommend ensuring you buy a lens with stabilisation for shooting at … I'd recommend ensuring you buy a lens with stabilisation for shooting at longer focal lengths, the Sigma you've mentioned doesn't sound like it has IS, I thought the Canon mk II lens did but perhaps not. I find having stabilisation makes using these types of lenses a lot easier handheld.Another factor is the field of view you get on your 1000D which is narrower than a 35mm based SLR, the Sigma you've mentioned has a focal length designed for a 35mm camera which means it's not going to be quite as versatile on a 1000D. The 28mm starting point is a wide angle on a larger sensor camera but is a normal field of view on the 1000D although it does mean you get in a little closer at 300mm. This is why Canon's 18-200mm starts at 18mm instead - this gives a similar field of view to the 28-300mm for a cropped sensor camera such as the 1000D.John

Thanks for that detailed info. :thumbsup:

Would the The Canon 28-200mm lense be a god match with my 1000D?

Original Poster

This one looks good too...

Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions