Canon compatible ink cartridge not working?

Found 25th Mar 2015
I recently bought Canon compatible inks from Tesco for my MG3250 printer. The cartridges are 540XL and 541XL. After putting them in the printer, the printer did it's bit of calibrating the new cartridges and then i attempted to print a test page, a pop up came up which acknowledged new cartridges had been installed however the ink levels still remain as showing very low, not only that but when anything is printed no ink transfers to the paper so i get a blank page everytime. Has anyone experienced issues like these and have a solution? I put my old cartridges back in and it printed fine minus some fading due to low ink.
Community Updates
AskCanon
9 Comments
I've used Tesco compatible inks in the past and haven't had much luck with them. Didn't work very well in my old Epson printer or my newer HP tbh. If they don't work as they should just take them back to Tesco and say they don't work, and they should give you a refund!
I haven't got the receipt anymore so unsure if they'll accept them as an exchange. guess I'll have to go and find out.
I bought some compatible ones for my hp and had the same problem, marked it up as a lesson learnt, only buy originals now, just means remortgaging the house every now and then though.
Yeh I'll take them back this evening and see if I can do am exchange and pay the difference on Canon packaged ones.
deleted79467
I have used these people for years for canon compatibles and never had a problem

inkredible
Tesco have exchanged them so I'll give them a try and report back. I did ask if I could pay the difference for the Canon ones but they wouldn't allow it.
Ink now works but still showing low ink levels on printer and on laptop screen when printing, would be useful if i could reset the ink levels but at least i have cartridges that work.
deleted79467
supacook2k

Ink now works but still showing low ink levels on printer and on laptop … Ink now works but still showing low ink levels on printer and on laptop screen when printing, would be useful if i could reset the ink levels but at least i have cartridges that work.

you may solve the problem by reinstalling the printer drivers
count the number of times of the flashing amber lights. this solves my problem.

ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/…tml

ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/…tml

1686 CauseThe ink may have run out.

ActionThe function for detecting the remaining ink level will be disabled since the ink level cannot be correctly detected.

If you want to continue printing without this function, press the machine's Stop button for at least 5 seconds.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants