Groups
    EXPIRED

Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM

Looking for a good deal on this glass (or similar spec) for my canon 40D. For a mix of portrait/ landscape (poss macro)

Any deals out there?

9 Comments

mk1 or mk11 - ( metal or plastic)

*********.co.uk/NEW…318

223.25 delivered.

Good choice of lens mate

what other lenses do you shoot with ?

Also worth looking around for the 60mm version of you can get it....

Original Poster

Would rather go for the metal build but I take what I can get around £200 (ish) thats a good price by the way (cant get the link to work though) I'm fairly new to the DSLR game and currently have the 17-85mm kit lens along with the 70-200mm L (non IS) which is fantastic. I also bought a 1.4 extender with this which does a great job in good light conditions.

Original Poster

Haven't considered the 60mm but will certainly look around now you mention it. Thanks for the pointers.

L series glass are great.

I use a 18-55mm IS, 70-300 IS

AND the 50mm F1.8...£80

Original Poster

Thanks for your help (and its nice to compare notes on kit too)

i should have mentioned, i use a 450d, big grip with double battery, all twin hoya filters, and all IS lenses.....chickened out on the L series glass though...had a play with the 200mm IS L series in jessops last week....WOW

Original Poster

I shall be looking at more L glass next year when I got some more experience under my belt. I am loving the 2.8 IS L 200mm but at just over a grand its a serious buy (will mean the sale of the F4 200mm I've got right now)

i might just be interested in that my friend.............got some shots you fancy showing me ???
    took this on a VERY sunny day, F3.5 - 1/2500 second @Iso 100
    http://file046a.bebo.com/13/large/2008/11/18/14/7211934029a9447583788l.jpg

Original Poster

Nice shot that! will have to dig out a couple of shots when I get a spare 5 mins that I have taken with the L glass
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win the ultimate Land Rover Rugby Prize11
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      3. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88

See more discussions