Groups
    EXPIRED

Canon EOS 1100D or Nikon D3200 camera?

Hello. Any help appreciated. I want to buy a special present for my husband & reviews are good for both these cameras. Does anyone have advice for which would be better to take good quality photos easily; of moving things eg children & landscapes & also very small things??

12 Comments

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

the canon because it has a wider and cheaper choice of secondhand lens

Thanks. Maybe the canon 1200d would be better than the 1100d.

ive got the d3200 and I bloody love it

can only comment on d3200 as no experience with the canon. bought for my boyfriend last Christmas and he was chuffed. from what I have seen picture quality is great and even though he is relatively new to photography and dslr's he has found it a good camera to use. he has taken photos of all sorts from close ups of the flowers in the garden, crashing waves during the winter storms and general people photos lol. all have turned out really well. good luck with your decision. I'm sure hubby will be thrilled whichever you choose :-)

Original Poster

pablomozza

ive got the d3200 and I bloody love it

thanks

Original Poster

rg5935

can only comment on d3200 as no experience with the canon. bought for my … can only comment on d3200 as no experience with the canon. bought for my boyfriend last Christmas and he was chuffed. from what I have seen picture quality is great and even though he is relatively new to photography and dslr's he has found it a good camera to use. he has taken photos of all sorts from close ups of the flowers in the garden, crashing waves during the winter storms and general people photos lol. all have turned out really well. good luck with your decision. I'm sure hubby will be thrilled whichever you choose :-)

thanks

Original Poster

Now I'm confused!!

Nikon every time!

Over these 2 "Canon EOS 1100D or Nikon D3200", I would choose the D3200.

Although if the 1200D is an option then I may have to think again!

Original Poster

pud55

Nikon every time!

thanks

Original Poster

joshp

Over these 2 "Canon EOS 1100D or Nikon D3200", I would choose the D3200. … Over these 2 "Canon EOS 1100D or Nikon D3200", I would choose the D3200. Although if the 1200D is an option then I may have to think again!

Thanks. 1200d is an option!?
    Edited by: "apesvc3" 17th Jul 2014

Both are perfectly capable cameras. Just remember you are choosing a brand to 'buy into', all lenses and lots of accessories will hhave to be that brand (or at least fit) also.

Does he have any friends with either brand?

You won't go too far wrong with either

Original Poster

sancho1983

Both are perfectly capable cameras. Just remember you are choosing a … Both are perfectly capable cameras. Just remember you are choosing a brand to 'buy into', all lenses and lots of accessories will hhave to be that brand (or at least fit) also. Does he have any friends with either brand? You won't go too far wrong with either

thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions