Groups
    EXPIRED

Canon EOS 400D Digital SLR Camera

If anyone can help,
    would you be able to help me find a good deal, with/without the lens. I'm still thinking about purchasing the lens seperatly even though I know there are packages with an 18-55mm lens included.

I also know that when purchasing a 400D you can recieve £50 cash back from Quidco.

Many thanks and will appreciate help finding a good deal.

James

8 Comments

Use the search facility - there are loads of threads on this already without starting a new one.

Just a point, the £50 cashback comes direct from Canon, it is nothing to do with Quidco.

Hi there,

Yes, £50 cashback. You have to fill out an online form, then print it out, then you have to photocopy your receipt and send it, together with a cut out of the box barcode!!!

They can either send a cheque or pay it into your bank account.

With regards to finding the best deal, I saw on here a few hours ago some discount codes for currys, think about £40 for 400. AW40AUG for £40 (expires on 1st Aug I believe) - also use the deliverfree code to save a further £6 i think. This all makes it £429 plus delivery. Not a bad price. Beats anything u can find online. Good Luck with the purchase, I have had mine for about 4 days. Love it to bits. !

Do yourself a favour tho, check it all over before taking it out, check for dust in the viewfinder, I had to take mine to currys so they could swap it cos it was opened already, after a bit of cufuffle, they did it lol.

Original Poster

lindendavies

Hi there, Yes, £50 cashback. You have to fill out an online form, then … Hi there, Yes, £50 cashback. You have to fill out an online form, then print it out, then you have to photocopy your receipt and send it, together with a cut out of the box barcode!!!They can either send a cheque or pay it into your bank account. With regards to finding the best deal, I saw on here a few hours ago some discount codes for currys, think about £40 for 400. AW40AUG for £40 (expires on 1st Aug I believe) - also use the deliverfree code to save a further £6 i think. This all makes it £429 plus delivery. Not a bad price. Beats anything u can find online. Good Luck with the purchase, I have had mine for about 4 days. Love it to bits. !Do yourself a favour tho, check it all over before taking it out, check for dust in the viewfinder, I had to take mine to currys so they could swap it cos it was opened already, after a bit of cufuffle, they did it lol.

Cheers. I was looking at the 350D firstly, I got it to about £359 I think it was with free postage and £30 off I believe.

Will get this sorted by Friday hopefully
    Many Thanks
    J

i use martinscamerashop.co.uk for cheap canon stuff. he's in the uk but some of his stock is imported (he will tell you what if you ask). I got a load of stuff from him over summer and got a load of canon rebate back.
    The 450d was £415 and then £50 off back in easter.

ps i had the 350d and then got a 400d so the girlfriend could use the 350d ... and the 400d is WAY better - get the 400d if you can - its worth at least £50 in my opinion!

Original Poster

tbh, currys seems better at £429. I will contact this guy see if he can do me anything better.

bexster

ps i had the 350d and then got a 400d so the girlfriend could use the … ps i had the 350d and then got a 400d so the girlfriend could use the 350d ... and the 400d is WAY better - get the 400d if you can - its worth at least £50 in my opinion!

+1 I started with the 300d, got a 350d and now the 400d.

each time I managed to sell at a good price the previous camera and get cashback on the new one to minimize the upgrade cost!

I always buy the kit as it helps resale value if it has a lens but I have other lenses which I keep as I upgraded the bodies.

Hi,
    I have a question regarding the cashback from Canon for the 400D. On the FAQ section it says:
    1. Purchase an EOS 400D Camera between 01.04.2007 and 31.08.2007.

But on the T&C section is says:
    The promotion period is 01/07/2007 to 31/08/2007

So if it was purchased before 01/07 can I still claim? Tried to call Canon but offices are closed now.

Original Poster

By the sounds of that, yes.
    If your camera was purchased between the 01/04/2007 - 31/08/2007 you can claim on that promotion.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Swtiching to Galaxy from Iphone-Advice?22
      2. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9511
      3. Galaxy Note 8 grey import23
      4. PC Build - Budget £70011

See more discussions