Groups

Cant access hotfile

Been having this error for a few days now, I have only tryed to log into Hotfile once and then it says this

Too many failed attemtps to login from this IP address. Try again in 10 minutes.

I am with Sky Broadband, I did google the problem and it seems like they may have blocked this aswell as Rapidshare, Megaupload etc before so anyone else on Sky Broadband having this problem ?

15 Comments

I'm experiencing same problem

Original Poster

shauneco

I'm experiencing same problem

Mind be asking who you're ISP is ? I am wondering if it is SKY's end or Hotfiles end. So annoying considering I just bought a 3 month subscription.

Sky Broadband

Original Poster

Thanks for that, I am hoping they haven't blocked it. Maybe I downloaded too much this month, and they blocked my IP or something.

Try using a proxy to access the site so it'll hide your external IP address.

Original Poster

DVS_Dee

Try using a proxy to access the site so it'll hide your external IP … Try using a proxy to access the site so it'll hide your external IP address.

Know any good safe ones ?

tunnelbroker.net/, get a free vpn, run it when you need to download

Working ok with sky here.

philmitchell

Working ok with sky here.

You actually tried logging on? I can access the site but can't log on.

I

shauneco

You actually tried logging on? I can access the site but can't log on.

It has now blocked me, I was signed in but signed out and will not let me back in.

But just used a proxie and it's let me in, so it's sky that is blocking it.

I have found a good way how to still use your hotfile account, install opera browser and then just install the turbo surf and it has just let me log in again.

philmitchell

I have found a good way how to still use your hotfile account, install … I have found a good way how to still use your hotfile account, install opera browser and then just install the turbo surf and it has just let me log in again.

I can confirm that's just worked for me, Thanks.

Banned

I'm with BT and every time I try to DL from Hotfile it starts off OK but the speed drops to less than 1mbps. It's a crap file host.
    Edited by: "dunfyboy" 25th Aug 2010

I'm on BT and Hotfile is essentially throttled on weekends and after 4pm weekdays, don't know if it's the ISP or hotfile itself. It got blocked completely a week ago and their was a rumour it may have been put (wrongly as they did with rapidshare before that) on the IWF dodgy websites list that some ISP's use to filter content.

Original Poster

Just thought I would let you's know that it was working for me again last night.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?55
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27125
      3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379

See more discussions