Can’t buy from Nintendo South Africa eshop any more

Posted 19th Apr
Has anybody (in the last 12 hours) successfully purchased from the SA estore?

Looks like they may have closed the loophole as Revolut and Barclays cards no longer accepted

3445124.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Bob mortimer has problems with South Africa
I purchased Nintendo Switch family yesterday so not sure if they have done some update since. I paid using a Visa card and had no issues. Good luck.
param8419/04/2020 21:45

I purchased Nintendo Switch family yesterday so not sure if they have done …I purchased Nintendo Switch family yesterday so not sure if they have done some update since. I paid using a Visa card and had no issues. Good luck.

They must’ve changed something. I’ve just VPN’d to SA and used DuckDuckGo to create a brand new SA account and still can’t link any cards (including Revolut)!
DemonIT20/04/2020 19:14

They must’ve changed something. I’ve just VPN’d to SA and used DuckD …They must’ve changed something. I’ve just VPN’d to SA and used DuckDuckGo to create a brand new SA account and still can’t link any cards (including Revolut)!

Hey dude. I used Halifax Clarity credit card on Tuesday and it worked fine, straight away,
FizzyLid24/04/2020 18:12

Hey dude. I used Halifax Clarity credit card on Tuesday and it worked …Hey dude. I used Halifax Clarity credit card on Tuesday and it worked fine, straight away,

Thanks for the response.

I spoke with Nintendo support and apparently my account has be “put on hold” and can’t use Credit/Debit cards for 30 days.

No idea why, they couldn’t (or wouldn’t) tell me.

Will try again in 30 days.

Managed to buy Flashback from the SA store will points so not completely “on hold”
DemonIT24/04/2020 18:13

Thanks for the response.I spoke with Nintendo support and apparently my …Thanks for the response.I spoke with Nintendo support and apparently my account has be “put on hold” and can’t use Credit/Debit cards for 30 days.No idea why, they couldn’t (or wouldn’t) tell me.Will try again in 30 days.Managed to buy Flashback from the SA store will points so not completely “on hold”

How strange. Hope you get it sorted. Halifax card seems to work very well
FizzyLid24/04/2020 18:24

How strange. Hope you get it sorted. Halifax card seems to work very well

Thanks mate
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions