can't connect to the internet

I just reformatted my hard drive on my computer and reinstalled windows xp pro. I am now having a problem connecting to the internet. There are no existing connections and the Local Area Connection icon does not appear at the bottom. I now can't connect to the internet.pls help
thanks in advanced

19 Comments

Banned

open network connection wizard

there are no exisiting connections because you aint created any yet

If the ethernet connection is not working, you may need to install the drivers for your motherboard if you have a seperate disk?

your network drivers are not installed u will have to find ur motherboard driver disk

Wow.........and you can still type on HUKD :shock: ;-)

agree with all above install lan drivers

Syzable;5801758

Wow.........and you can still type on HUKD :shock: ;-)

Probably from another machine :oops:

Check device manager to see if you network card drivers are installed.

Did you install anty drivers ?.Chipset driver,Lan driver,Graphics driver ?.

Original Poster

hornblowerracing;5801736

If the ethernet connection is not working, you may need to install the … If the ethernet connection is not working, you may need to install the drivers for your motherboard if you have a seperate disk?

i dont have disk for the motherboard. where can i download the drivers and how can i find out the type of motherboard thanks

Blacklion;5802064

i dont have disk for the motherboard. where can i download the drivers … i dont have disk for the motherboard. where can i download the drivers and how can i find out the type of motherboard thanks

If its a desktop you can take the side off and look at the board and then go to the manufacturers website or you can download run CPUZ which will tell you,
cpuid.com/cpu…php

Original Poster

DVS_Dee;5801858

Probably from another machine :oops:Check device manager to see if you … Probably from another machine :oops:Check device manager to see if you network card drivers are installed.

yes from my second machine

and i have check device manager and found yellow?

Banned

Blacklion;5802097

yes from my second machineand i have check device manager and found … yes from my second machineand i have check device manager and found yellow?

click on them and it should tell you what drivers you need

do a search for your model of computer and you should find the motherboard then you can search for specifics

Original Poster

casparwhite;5802188

click on them and it should tell you what drivers you needdo a search for … click on them and it should tell you what drivers you needdo a search for your model of computer and you should find the motherboard then you can search for specifics

motherboard type is microstar model 7091 ver: 2
but cant find any drivers

Original Poster

maxmax;5802317

Try Here My … Try Here My Friendhttp://drivers-download-center.org/drivers-download-motherboard/microstar-2/

Thank you my friend downloading now, will burn to disk and try will tell you the result later

Original Poster

have download LAN Driver. and when try to install it say cannot install drivers No Intel(R) PRO Adapters are present.
pls help

here is where i download support.thetechguys.com/Lay…spx?ID={d76501bb-1f92-4800-ad81-f1c6c850fb96}&CatID={018b8d7c-9eeb-4092-877a-e2b11678ce3b}

Is this a custom built PC or did you buy it?

I might be way off the mark here, but after googleing your motherboard iv found that "Medion" made a load of PC's with this board & people have had trouble finding drivers for it. You could go to there web site & see if there are any drivers on there.

medion.co.uk/ I cant check for you as you will need the identification number which will be on the PC case

Original Poster

many thanks to all who help me out my pc back to normal able to connect to the internet now
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763817
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414214047
    3. GOT Leaks again312
    4. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…66

See more discussions