Can’t figure this shared game pass out for sons Xbox

Posted 14th Mar
Hi all,

I’ve got two Xbox One consoles in my home currently. I have created a child account for my sons console (he’s 7) and made it my home console. Is there any way for him to have access to my game pass library to pick his own games instead of me sighing in to download them to the console? He can play the games fine once installed but can’t seem to pick games to download from game pass and I have to sign in to install them. The plan is for him to take his console to his mothers and share my Xbox live and game pass. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
No only the main person can download them for the first time then your son can share as he is already. He just logs into you to download then back to his. I have to do the same myself.
toonsquirel14/03/2020 11:17

No only the main person can download them for the first time then your son …No only the main person can download them for the first time then your son can share as he is already. He just logs into you to download then back to his. I have to do the same myself.

But can’t op log into 2nd Xbox the one, the one what’s not the home one and download the game and have it set so down load to his home one as well. That way he doesn’t need to be on home console.

if you buy something on the Microsoft store it asks where you would like to install, if you have Xbox set to always on to keep updates coming it might be same principle...
toonsquirel14/03/2020 11:17

No only the main person can download them for the first time then your son …No only the main person can download them for the first time then your son can share as he is already. He just logs into you to download then back to his. I have to do the same myself.

That's incorrect. His son can sign in to his dad's account and go to the game pass section and download from there.
Just get your son to switch profile to yours and then he can go to the game pass section under my games and apps.
And also if you remote install from your phone it will go straight to your sons console. So it may be easier just to put the xbox app on his mother's phone and he can just pick and choose from there and remote install direct to his xbox
MonkeyMan9014/03/2020 14:42

That's incorrect. His son can sign in to his dad's account and go to the …That's incorrect. His son can sign in to his dad's account and go to the game pass section and download from there.

So basically exactly what I said 🤪 thanks for basically saying I’m wrong then saying what I said.. genius
toonsquirel14/03/2020 14:53

So basically exactly what I said 🤪 thanks for basically saying I’m w …So basically exactly what I said 🤪 thanks for basically saying I’m wrong then saying what I said.. genius

He asked if you can do it and you said no. It was literally your first word
MonkeyMan9014/03/2020 15:02

He asked if you can do it and you said no. It was literally your first word

Yeah and he can’t. Read what he asked, he is basically already doing what you suggested and wanted to know if his son can do it without signing in to dads account I said ‘no’ because he can’t. Your a little confused I think..
Op ignore these comments by everyone. What your doing is the only way, he can take it to his Mams and do it the same as you are now, it doesn’t have to be in your house. But he does need your log in(or you there to do it). or if you don’t want your son to have your passwords while Xbox isn’t at your house you could always just do it the other way around. But that means getting game pass again on your sons and then you sharing his etc.. that may be good option if he never took advantage of the £1 trick and if yours is currently not got long left.
Thanks guys
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants