Groups
    EXPIRED

Can't find Angry Birds on the Android app store

My partner wants to download Angry Birds to her Android phone as we've heard it's mean to be free but for about a week now every time we've checked it doesn't seem to be there. Searching the net brings up people talking as if it's still there so why can't we see it?

If someone can help please share your wisdom

19 Comments

Depends what phone you have - I've got an HTC Wildfire and it's not available to me yet - but my colleague with a Desire can get it!

Banned

find it yourself then if you're going to be a little ***** about it not being in the app store. the link was the original released place for it.
    Edited by: "bykergrove" 3rd Nov 2010

Original Poster

I know it's on getjar but i wondered where on the app store its meant to be. Her phone is LG Optimus which is supposed to be supported

Banned

hypnoticstate

I know it's on getjar but i wondered where on the app store its meant to … I know it's on getjar but i wondered where on the app store its meant to be. Her phone is LG Optimus which is supposed to be supported

wow just wow.

Original Poster

We tried getjar but the game was a blank screen. Sound was there but no image so wanted to try android store

You need version 2.0 android os.

my mate has a Optimus and it was on his app store

StevenBrown

my mate has a Optimus and it was on his app store

You might be able to download it, but not to play it.

Original Poster

She's using 1.6 version of Android. How does she update? Or is this not something you're meant to do?

Original Poster

Aren't those unofficial? I've heard that the update is due from LG in the UK soon and they'll offer it through their software so i think i'll wait until then. Thanks anyway.

The unofficial modified ROMs are usually an improvement over stock anyway!
    Ive installed custom firmware on each of the 3 android handsets i have owned because they ar just simply better than stock!

Banned

I Can't find Angry Birds on the Android app store

bykergrove

find it yourself then if you're going to be a little ***** about it not … find it yourself then if you're going to be a little ***** about it not being in the app store. the link was the original released place for it.

Angry Cat ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Did you look at the links? They are hosted on the LG site.

I heard thats the greek version though and not english. I'm happy wo wait for official uk ones though.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Mind = … Mind = Blown.http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540-optimus-gt540-modaco-com/311477/lg-gt540-rom-updates-from-lg/

What do you mean "mind blown"? I have an iphone and i've never looked in to anything to do with android until yesterday and although i like it, it's rediculously stupid the way no solid information is easy to find for it. If there was an official page which lists updates then fine but when they're posts on a forum by god knows who then i think im justified in being cautious. The link you just sent me still looks dodgy. Maybe thats the way it is with android but if it is, it's retarded.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Not jailbroken your iphone either then? Live a little.

My iphone is jailbroken.

Original Poster

This is the first time either you or one of the links you've sent mention that this is an unofficial flash. That's exactly what i mean by a lack of info. Just stop trying to "help" coz you clearly can't.

Original Poster

The whole point of this thread (after finding out why angry birds wont work) is to see how to install the official update of android from LG....."OFFICIAL". You're a new kind of stupid. Plus, it's a weekday so shouldn't you be at school? Looks like you're in need of that education.

Original Poster

I DID use Google and everywhere had either no or unclear answers. Something else i've already said twice.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1315
      2. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?33
      3. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      4. Biscuit addiction1231

See more discussions