Groups

Can't get a reasonable quote

We must have a lot of get-rich-quick plumbers in the Newark area including British Gas who are a joke. Have had several quotes for a new 30 kw boiler to be fitted. Most say it will take a day or just over for the plumber and a helper to fit and quotes (incl vat) are from £2400 to £3700 (BG). The retail cost of the boiler (same make) on the net is around £750 including chimney fittings and vat. Excluding the vat that means that the charge for labour for a day or just over for one plumber and helper is from £1300 to £2400 approx. Rip-off! Rant over.

6 Comments

maybe i should become a plumber!! ... those prices are rediculous!

It cost the price of the boiler in my house to have it fitted, it is a day/2 days work see.

£2000 it was to fit mine, and that was cheap in my opinion.

Have you tried " my Hammer" I got some really good quotes off there when we were doing up our rental property.

myhammer.co.uk/

I used these: worcester-bosch.co.uk/hom…ler

BG Quoted me £4200 to remove old back boiler fit a new one etc, got three of the local plumbers round from this website and best quote i got was £2200 which is half BG, also qualified for the Boiler Scrappage Scheme which i was not expecting to do so is only costing £1800 now.

have a look they are good

Original Poster

Many thanks for useful suggestions - I will try My Hammer first - rep added.

Had my boiler replaced about 2-3 yrs ago now.

The quotes ranged from 1200-1500

It only took half a day to do it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764284
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…55
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31148
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2030

See more discussions