Can't get email reminders on google calendar any more

Found 6th Mar
I used to get email reminders on my google calendar but recently this has stopped. When I go into the calendar settings, I only see general settings for events and not reminders.

There is no option to set reminders to alert me via email any more. Has this moved to some where else? The reminders are in my calendar but nothing happens at the time that I have set for the reminder. I am using my laptop to add reminders to my google calendar.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
hearts229 m ago

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37242?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=1

I have seen that link but i dont have notifications in my settings, which that links states should be there in settings
mutley151 m ago

I have seen that link but i dont have notifications in my settings, which …I have seen that link but i dont have notifications in my settings, which that links states should be there in settings

It says something about certain browsers not being supported and not showing notifications... could that be the case?
Maybe it needs updating. Check Google Play for updates.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.

Or try setting an event instead of a reminder and see if that works. I actually prefer the events option as they produce a notification sound when they come through onto my phone where as the reminders appear to come through quiet, muted and sometimes forget about them or don't realise when I have one because of this.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 7th Mar
LemonHead2 h, 46 m ago

Maybe it needs updating. Check Google Play for updates.Have you tried …Maybe it needs updating. Check Google Play for updates.Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app.Or try setting an event instead of a reminder and see if that works. I actually prefer the events option as they produce a notification sound when they come through onto my phone where as the reminders appear to come through quiet, muted and sometimes forget about them or don't realise when I have one because of this.

thanks lemonhead. you're a star

i use the google calendar reminders on my laptop and not the app. it became an issue when they introduced reminders as i think it used to be only events. i had set up reminders but that doesn't seem to work and there is no facility to choose how the reminder should notify me at the set time on my google calendar settings. not sure what is going on with my google calendar settings but i am using chrome so it should be compatible with google calendar.

i have now tested adding an event instead and that allows me to choose method of notification. problem sorted

i have not been doing so many things over the last few weeks because the reminders had not worked. i forgot to insure a property last week because the alert did not work and got so stressed out as i suddenly remembered after 6pm one evening when the insurer had already closed so i could not renew the insurance until the next morning. luckily it was a weeknight, else i would have had to wait the whole weekend without buildings insurance! god forbid, the place burns down before i got the insurance renewed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants