Groups

Can't Install Windows XP ?

Banned
    Got a windows xp disk (x32), but I get a blue screen error when a couple of minutes into the blue loading screen. I can't install it from the current OS (windows 7) because the install windows xp is ghosted out. It's a newish laptop, any ideas what it is ?

18 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Pc : Intel pentium processor
    Intel GMA 4500M
    3GB memory

Banned

you need a windows sp3 disc, i have the same issue on a lot of newish machines

Original Poster Banned

jubbyme;8414114

you need a windows sp3 disc, i have the same issue on a lot of newish … you need a windows sp3 disc, i have the same issue on a lot of newish machines

It is. Tried x86 and x32 both failed. Error message stop : 0x0000007b

Cant downgrade from inside windows 7. You need to boot from the disk.

Original Poster Banned

deathtrap3000;8414372

Cant downgrade from inside windows 7. You need to boot from the disk.

I tried this and got a blue screen error message 0x0000007b

bad disk maybe?

I was under the impression that you can't install XP as a 2nd operating system from Windows 7 which is why ur getting a blue screen.

You can do it the other way around though ....XP then win 7.:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Mecoconuts;8414395

I was under the impression that you can't install XP as a 2nd operating … I was under the impression that you can't install XP as a 2nd operating system from Windows 7 which is why ur getting a blue screen.You can do it the other way around though ....XP then win 7.:thumbsup:

I'm willing to format the drive I just don't want to format the drive then it still goes blue screen and It turns out to be a hardware issue. Anybody know whether the hardware is compatible with windows XP ?

Mecoconuts;8414395

I was under the impression that you can't install XP as a 2nd operating … I was under the impression that you can't install XP as a 2nd operating system from Windows 7 which is why ur getting a blue screen.You can do it the other way around though ....XP then win 7.:thumbsup:

you can. it just overwrites the boot loader so you can only boot xp meaning you have to install the win 7 boot loader again.

might be wrong here but try turning ACPI off in the bios

Pretty sure i had this problem a while back going from Vista to XP

Original Poster Banned

futuresbright;8414810

might be wrong here but try turning ACPI off in the biosPretty sure i had … might be wrong here but try turning ACPI off in the biosPretty sure i had this problem a while back going from Vista to XP

This was right, thanks
    Trouble is I now cannot boot to the original windows 7 and do not have the drivers for my wireless adapter. How do I check what adapter is present on an identical laptop ?

ryman1000;8415559

This was right, thanksTrouble is I now cannot boot to the original … This was right, thanksTrouble is I now cannot boot to the original windows 7 and do not have the drivers for my wireless adapter. How do I check what adapter is present on an identical laptop ?

Best bet is to start from fresh, Full format and just install XP now you know its not a hardware problem.

I take it wireless card is internal? Driver should be available from laptop manufacturers website.

Original Poster Banned

futuresbright;8415620

Best bet is to start from fresh, Full format and just install XP now you … Best bet is to start from fresh, Full format and just install XP now you know its not a hardware problem.I take it wireless card is internal? Driver should be available from laptop manufacturers website.

Managed to get a program to find all the drdivers installed on my other laptop which is th't seem to boot to it. Is there a way to check whether the OS is still there ?

ryman1000;8415831

Managed to get a program to find all the drdivers installed on my other … Managed to get a program to find all the drdivers installed on my other laptop which is th't seem to boot to it. Is there a way to check whether the OS is still there ?

Start, run , msconfig

click bootINI tab

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass;8415847

You mean X86 and X64?You'll probs have to re-install win 7 or repair … You mean X86 and X64?You'll probs have to re-install win 7 or repair install at least.

No couldn't see a x64 xp, so I meant x32. I'll download windows 7 tonight, I have a genuine key for home premium only none of the torrents are anything but ultimate

Original Poster Banned

futuresbright;8415864

Start, run , msconfig click bootINI tab

Not sure if im reading it right theres seems to be two OS ?
    or is it just the two partitions ?

Repped for the help also

http://i44.tinypic.com/2nlfdaw.jpg[/IMG]

ryman1000;8415969

Not sure if im reading it right theres seems to be two OS ?or is it just … Not sure if im reading it right theres seems to be two OS ?or is it just the two partitions ?Repped for the help also[/IMG]

Looks like just xp pro to me

Original Poster Banned

futuresbright;8416008

Looks like just xp pro to me

Oh yeah now when I look at it properely. I was distracted :whistling:
    TPB it is then
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Baby seat hiring car abroad44
      2. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?46