Can't pay we'll take it away ,Seriously !!

Found 29th Oct 2014
Just watching this & watch the sheriff officers go to a guys rented house to recover £8,000 of unpaid rent.
No ones home & so they use a locksmith as the owner gives them permission.
They go in to the rooms & find an old laptop & TV,but in a locked room they find a luggage bag.They force it open & it has a box in it lol.They then open that by force as it's locked & low & behold..............It only has $8.5 million dollars in it lmao.

Can someone tell me what job I need to earn this sort of money ?
Community Updates
Misc
37 Comments
Drug dealer?
Were they zimbabwean dollars?
criminals are really stupid
Sounds like they found Charlie Sheens weekend money!!
Original Poster
sowotsdis

Maybe so, but if this is just a TV episode & they find that kind of sum, how much more money like this is sitting in peoples houses ?
Crime does pay going by this.
mrman007

Sounds like they found Charlie Sheens weekend money!!

He only ever carries a rolled up dollar bill on his person
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2957/2957641skas0ramst.gif
leave it..
Yeah, because they just *found* the $8.5m and it wasn't possibly *staged* for tv entertainment.
deleted265520
Sell a few more (thousand) dodgy iPhones and you'll be a bit closer...
it was counterfeit it said at the end
Banned
Yes it was counterfeit, the guys in the flat were not charged with anything and the police case is now closed...WTF go 5 mph over the speed limit and you get trawled through the courts, crazy Britain.
It looked like Monopoly money to me.
Banned
deleted57959

I am more concerned this country still thinks it OK to send the heavy … I am more concerned this country still thinks it OK to send the heavy around to someone's house to enforced debt collection.Maybe they should spend more time educating about Loans, Interest & Mortgages in school and preventing people from getting into debt, than focusing on intimidation after the fact.

I couldn't agree more regarding education as I think much of the younger generation in particular seem out of control to me on money matters. That said I think there is a need for enforcement also and I do watch this program and don't really see much in the way of intimidation.

These high court bailiffs are going for collection after usually a long time of non payment and refusal to acknowledge the debt, tonight we saw a lady that rented out her house so that she could go and look after her mother who had dementia and she needed the rent as a passive income, as it wasn't paid and she was owed £10k she had to go out and do all kinds of jobs to try and scrape by. Once her home was returned to her it was an absolute disgrace so as well as £10k down the pan she faced many thousands to put the house back to a rental condition, I felt so sorry for her.

Another episode a few weeks ago saw the legendary footballer Neil 'Razor' Ruddock and his foulmouthed 'bride' having a go at the bailiffs and lying and giving them the run around because they hadn't paid a poor lady trying to run a kennels and he wouldn't pay her £3k he owed for when he left his dogs. Couldn't believe the blatant lies they told, also a classic celebrity line when he first approached the bailiff and said 'do you know who I am?' bailiff looked as if he couldn't give a f... classic.

Better education yes most definitely, better control over bailiffs but I do think they have a role to play in this sorry world of debt. We have to remember someone at the other end who is not being paid has consequences in their life for not being paid what they are owed.
I thought this was another teh arn thread.
deleted57959

I am more concerned this country still thinks it OK to send the heavy … I am more concerned this country still thinks it OK to send the heavy around to someone's house to enforced debt collection.Maybe they should spend more time educating about Loans, Interest & Mortgages in school and preventing people from getting into debt, than focusing on intimidation after the fact.

I do agree that it should be taught a little at school... I agree with Jumpingphil more but the flaw in that is all of the clueless people who reproduce
People don't just turn up enforcing debt collection. They contact them numerous times beforehand, the majority offering payment plans. I might be wrong but I think they go round after it has been to court and they still haven't paid up.
Edited by: "Dehumanization" 30th Oct 2014
konimitsu

I read on reddit today that he has a holiday oO

I just went to read that and I am so confused.
Dehumanization

I just went to read that and I am so confused.

Come on, tell uncle deeky. What's confusing you cockle?
Banned
deeky

That wasn't relevant to my quip X)Have I had any mentions lately?

I only really take the odd look but to be honest it appears that there is only really one sado on there nowadays who funnily enough uses my name tut tut.

Seems you are not so important on there deeky you will be glad to know, I have not seen your name crop up but weird that most comments on most posts have recently been deleted, think it is pretty much dead now to be fair. Just a little bit busy when I and others joined up a month or so ago....but now just this one sad thing posting...
deleted57959

Your all prob right, i just do not like the thought of bailiffs, prob why … Your all prob right, i just do not like the thought of bailiffs, prob why i pay my bills lol.. But i do think they must be a better way? prevention is always cheaper and more effective than the cure.

With most things yes... but I think with things like this it is just greed the majority of the time. People need to face the problem, not ignore it... they're obviously ignoring it otherwise it wouldn't happen. If they stop going round then it would effectively be 'pay this money or we'll keep sending you letters for the rest of your life.' Credit is always going to be available.
konimitsu

Seems you are not so important on there deeky

deeky

Someone likes you
Banned
Dehumanization

Someone likes you

Really?
bazzamone

Really?

Apparantly!
Banned
deeky

I wish I was not so important mate, seems like I am in every bloomin post.... ah well as long as it keeps someone happy and busy I suppose
Konimitsu is a kitten and Deeky is a chicken sucker...lovely.
willhay555

Yeah, because they just *found* the $8.5m and it wasn't possibly *staged* … Yeah, because they just *found* the $8.5m and it wasn't possibly *staged* for tv entertainment.

And wasted police time for tv entertainment? okay
Original Poster
konimitsu

I couldn't agree more regarding education as I think much of the younger … I couldn't agree more regarding education as I think much of the younger generation in particular seem out of control to me on money matters. That said I think there is a need for enforcement also and I do watch this program and don't really see much in the way of intimidation. These high court bailiffs are going for collection after usually a long time of non payment and refusal to acknowledge the debt, tonight we saw a lady that rented out her house so that she could go and look after her mother who had dementia and she needed the rent as a passive income, as it wasn't paid and she was owed £10k she had to go out and do all kinds of jobs to try and scrape by. Once her home was returned to her it was an absolute disgrace so as well as £10k down the pan she faced many thousands to put the house back to a rental condition, I felt so sorry for her.Another episode a few weeks ago saw the legendary footballer Neil 'Razor' Ruddock and his foulmouthed 'bride' having a go at the bailiffs and lying and giving them the run around because they hadn't paid a poor lady trying to run a kennels and he wouldn't pay her £3k he owed for when he left his dogs. Couldn't believe the blatant lies they told, also a classic celebrity line when he first approached the bailiff and said 'do you know who I am?' bailiff looked as if he couldn't give a f... classic.Better education yes most definitely, better control over bailiffs but I do think they have a role to play in this sorry world of debt. We have to remember someone at the other end who is not being paid has consequences in their life for not being paid what they are owed.

In Scotland you can't have these bailiffs come to your house & take stuff.
If someone does not pay for say an iphone on contract or a car on finance, then that's when credit ratings will catch-up with these people.
Remember not all people who don't pay are bad eggs just looking for a freebie.
Haritori in my opinion is correct & educating the children can only improve peoples attitudes of getting something today (on credit) than waiting until tomorrow for the same item.
I've been in full-time employment for 25 years, but one occasion I was out of work for around 3 months & the bills kept coming & not getting paid.I was tempted to get a loan,but had no way of paying it back,but would take the loan if I got more desperate.
deleted57959

Is every parent like that? or is that the minority? I believe most … Is every parent like that? or is that the minority? I believe most parents want the best for their children and they do not know about credit or how to advise about it, I know my parents had decent social morals and good work ethic but they weren't good parents to me, rather neglectful in from my teenage years onwards in fact and let me get on with everything, I looked for role models elsewhere as i mentioned i was lucky to have first employer to guide me, I know I benefited from guidance from outside the home, I do not see why other kids wouldnt.I think school is far more than just academic learning, and while it prob wont help those in a bad household environment, it could help those who are just uneducated.I do not disagree with you though Phil, I do believe its a parents responsibility to educate and teach their offspring, but how does that parent become educated in that area, it must start somewhere, so if we educate this generation at school, the next generation can be educated at home and at school.

I pretty much learnt myself from being a skint teenager,looking on the internet for the best prices for things etc. Was originally introduced to hukd through a friends Mum telling me to look for voucher codes on here.
My Mum used to get Shopacheck loans on a regular basis. Every time she'd pay it off she'd get a new one out, out of habit - she didn't need them she just said she liked having the lot of money at once.... I remember looking on their website a few years back to see what the interest rates were and I was gobsmacked..it ended up me educating her. She's stopped getting them now but she carried on for about 2 years after me telling her she's paying back almost double of what she borrowed for no reason whatsoever. Bizzare!
I tend to do things I don't really need to..like I'll whack things on bnpls and pay the balance off before the bnpl has expired so I don't get charged anything.. but they are things I'd still be able to pay off even if I lost my job.
deleted57959

£8,000 of unpaid rent...confusing all this financial stuff!
Did they think they could stay for free (they might not have been educated in Britain for all we know)
sowotsdis

earning a minimum of $8.5m, I'd say he was reasonable intelligent.
willhay555

Yeah, because they just *found* the $8.5m and it wasn't possibly *staged* … Yeah, because they just *found* the $8.5m and it wasn't possibly *staged* for tv entertainment.

the " can be found on the number 2 of a keyboard, not sure where on a phone or tablet sorry.
deeky

Come on, tell uncle deeky. What's confusing you cockle?

People with their usernames different haha and I didn't read the username insulting Konimitsu at first and thought it was Konimitsu.
Financial education becomes part of the national curriculum with the next reforms of secondary education. However, in some schools it has been well taught.

When I got my first graduate job I was amazed by the lack of financial knowledge of my fellow recruits. Only one other of 16 students realised that tax, NI etc takes nearly a third of pay. Most had opted out of the pension plan too, without knowing the implications. Definitely a buy now culture.

I also wish that there was a greater understanding of the link between depression and debt.
ibblackberry1

the " can be found on the number 2 of a keyboard, not sure where on a … the " can be found on the number 2 of a keyboard, not sure where on a phone or tablet sorry.

A good way to emphasise the point of the post.
Kudos.
As long as you have common sense you should be able to figure out finances to support yourself. I watched the show the OP is talking about, the woman who stayed in the house and didn't pay should have her benefits reduced until the owner gets some money back.

Its stupid that it can get to the point where people can not pay for 6-12 months with no recourse.
Watched all episodes to date & couldn't believe the landladys' house was turned into a ***hole by the last tenants. Some people in this world have no respect for other peoples' belongings. Quite literally left the landlady high & dry.

Shocking...oO
Original Poster
veedubjai

Watched all episodes to date & couldn't believe the landladys' house was … Watched all episodes to date & couldn't believe the landladys' house was turned into a ***hole by the last tenants. Some people in this world have no respect for other peoples' belongings. Quite literally left the landlady high & dry. Shocking...oO

I thought the one with the woman who lived on a farm that was massive (so a millionaire) had to pay £9,000 back to young girl she had been under paying & then saying she knew nothing about minimum rate.
Cow that keeps the poor, poor.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions