Cant really believe the amount of idiots that exist on this forum just now

Completely astounded by a few posts and a few threads, how are these people allowed on the internet?

One example:
'I took out a £1400 loan and cant pay it back, so they said i could pay back half of it tax free within the next 10 days, what a deal'

Anyone else got a prime example of these idiotic posts or threads ?

77 Comments

How about the "I'd like a car with free insurance for life and only have to pay 50p a month for it" thread?

*Note the above title may note accurately represent the thread in question
Edited by: "dh058977" 9th Jun 2011

Original Poster

haha that was a good one

Lots of people get overdrafts and would would struggle if asked if pay it back in full.

OP would have been asked to pay it back in instalments but very interesting that co-op offer to write off half of it if you ignore there phone calls, though presumably will leave red marks on credit rating

i bought a game & completed it but it was too short so i want to take it back for a full refund but dont know what excuse to give that they will believe but its only on principle i have loads of money

Original Poster

Lots of people get overdrafts and would would struggle if asked if pay it … Lots of people get overdrafts and would would struggle if asked if pay it back in full.OP would have been asked to pay it back in instalments but very interesting that co-op offer to write off half of it if you ignore there phone calls, though presumably will leave red marks on credit rating

OP is a student, not a particularly smart one either, but im sure he has his good points.

By ignoring all phone calls and letters, Mistake number one. Mis-interpreting what they have said, Mistake number two. Posting the that he thinks its a deal to not pay back a debt on a forum, Mistake number three.

The co-operative have asked him to pay back £700 of the £1400, interest free within 10 days, he then still has the outstanding debt of £700 left, its fairly simple, not as if a bank would write off a debt.

I can't believe he told me to learn to read.. and I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw that he still has to pay the whole thing O_O

Original Poster

Lol true, students eh?

Also the thread about that wonga website by an 'accountant' aswell

Don't get me started mate. I've received a HUKD superinjuction 0_o

DannyM

Lol true, students eh? Also the thread about that wonga website by an … Lol true, students eh? Also the thread about that wonga website by an 'accountant' aswell

OI! I was a student once!

Original Poster

Haha but were you a student that couldnt read a letter properly and got into 1400 quid of debt that you didnt intent to pay back? Nah doubtful there some right idiots on here

Haha whats the superinjunction about, im from scotland so it doesnt count up here

Original Poster

Oh and the one where the OP took £600 through pay pal for a collection item off ebay

DannyM

Haha but were you a student that couldnt read a letter properly and got … Haha but were you a student that couldnt read a letter properly and got into 1400 quid of debt that you didnt intent to pay back? Nah doubtful there some right idiots on here Haha whats the superinjunction about, im from scotland so it doesnt count up here

Can't say. Hah no biggy - just been told to cool it with a certain user by Andywedge. He was cool about it though.

Original Poster

I can guess the certain user, got a bit heated earlier on a big thread that would of been noticed straight away. These things happen though, just got to roll with it

DannyM

I can guess the certain user, got a bit heated earlier on a big thread … I can guess the certain user, got a bit heated earlier on a big thread that would of been noticed straight away. These things happen though, just got to roll with it

Yep. Oh well, another day on HUKD

reading some of threads on here, i imagine some of the posters to have head phones in, with breath in breath out on repeat.

God knows how they manage to use a computer never mind the net

Just spotted the vasectomy on the sly one

I've just read a thread where the OP couldn't believe the amount of idiots that exist on this forum right now! ROTFLMAO it's a forum. On the internet. Of course there are idiots! Might as well have posted a thread pointing out ursine forestry defecation. What a moron! :P

I saw a post the other day about students doing some work rather than posting pointless threads on HUKD

Banned

What's the problem? If the threads didn't exist, the entertainment value would be far less.

PS. To any watching lawyers, the above may actually be someone else's views or another user has hijacked my account.

Banned

My sister got her self in all kinds of debt with different places when she was younger. Every single company she owed money to offered a reduced final settlement if paid immediately or over a short period of time. There's merit to the guy's £700 debt story, trolling or not.

Banned

The Wonga one is funny though coming from an accountant.

Original Poster

I've just read a thread where the OP couldn't believe the amount of … I've just read a thread where the OP couldn't believe the amount of idiots that exist on this forum right now! ROTFLMAO it's a forum. On the internet. Of course there are idiots! Might as well have posted a thread pointing out ursine forestry defecation. What a moron! :P

I saw that thread and all and have to say the OP is bang on and also Bang tidy

What's the problem? If the threads didn't exist, the entertainment value … What's the problem? If the threads didn't exist, the entertainment value would be far less.PS. To any watching lawyers, the above may actually be someone else's views or another user has hijacked my account.

As much as this is true guv, you have to wonder about the sanity, or lack of in some peoples cases on here surely its not safe to let them have internet if they dont understand debt or want to return a game for a fully refund when theyve got bored of it or cant believe that a short term loan has an ANNUAL percentage rate that is quite high, doubt these people can actually survive in the real world. Wonder whats net ' Hey my bank details make up a funny number look xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and the security code is my fav number xxx-xxx' thats the level its getting to now.

My sister got her self in all kinds of debt with different places when … My sister got her self in all kinds of debt with different places when she was younger. Every single company she owed money to offered a reduced final settlement if paid immediately or over a short period of time. There's merit to the guy's £700 debt story, trolling or not.

Yeah ive heard of it being done with proper debt like a loan etc but not on an overdraft like the posters was, especially not on a student over draft, which has most likely paid for nights out etc

Banned

Unfortunately the misk is inhabited by a large amount of retards, benefits-cheats, and mentalists

Banned

Yeah not heard of them doing it on a student overdraft but I wouldn't rule it out. He was trolling either way.

Original Poster

wow, just wow

Original Poster

lol had to like lumourks comment at the end, calling the op a plank made me smile

gotta go out today so if there any major lulz threads please post them in here with cliffs, ta

has the OP just discovered the internet or what......

Original Poster

has the OP just discovered the internet or what......

Me? No

DannyM

Me? No

then your surprise is ridiculous

Original Poster

then your surprise is ridiculous

Dont think it is atall tbh

DannyM

Dont think it is atall tbh

lol

Alfonse

lol

One day the OP might discover women. . . . .one day!

Original Poster

One day the OP might discover women. . . . .one day!

OP has discovered many a women, cheers

DannyM

OP has discovered many a women, cheers

confused is this a singular or plural statement

Original Poster

The use of 'many' makes it plural. Cheers for the comments Alfonse and Feeder16 incredibly useful
Edited by: "DannyM" 9th Jun 2011

My sister got her self in all kinds of debt with different places when … My sister got her self in all kinds of debt with different places when she was younger. Every single company she owed money to offered a reduced final settlement if paid immediately or over a short period of time. There's merit to the guy's £700 debt story, trolling or not.

DannyM

Yeah ive heard of it being done with proper debt like a loan etc but not … Yeah ive heard of it being done with proper debt like a loan etc but not on an overdraft like the posters was, especially not on a student over draft, which has most likely paid for nights out etc

It does happen DannyM, I knew one friend who had a student overdraft with Halifax, ignored their requests for repayment for over a year and eventually they defaulted her account, sold the debt to the debt collectors and when she got a full-time job and some money behind her she called them up for a full and final (F&F) settlement figure which is what the OP of that other thread had, paid it off and that was that. Her overdraft was £2.5k, debt collectors wanted £1.5k and she negotiated it to ending up paying £700 and that wiped the remaining balance. Of course her credit file was marked with a default so for 6 years she wasn’t able to get a mortgage or any decent credit card rates.

In that other thread, if the OP paid £700, that will be their balance wiped too. The other £700 is no longer owed. But they didn’t point out that no doubt because they had let things get to this stage their credit status is trashed and will be for the next 6 years. That £700 “saving” probably won’t look as good to them if they decide they want to buy a home or perhaps get a loan or a 0% credit card deal and can’t do so.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764032
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213603
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 511

See more discussions