Groups

can't restore kodi

Hey guys, got a new android box. Uninstalled kodi and re downloaded but it still starts with all the addons. Tried the fresh start addon, used the clear data in wookie but still nothing.
    Anyone got around this?

14 Comments

It'll be hardcoded into the box

delete and reinstall kodi then install add on

Download a different version or try SPMC

did you delete from the android settings and from file manager. if not do this then download again from the browser not play store

download cc cleaner from the google play and then uninstall all the crap. then reinstall kodi using Google play.

Original Poster

I've uninstalled it from google play then redownload, also deleted data from the settings then uninstalled from settings and redownload from google and both is the same.
    I have the same box and never had this trouble

Are you saying when you clear data the addons just keep coming back? If so my post explained what's happened, the addons are hardcoreded to the box, you'd have to manually unistall them then install a build like Pulse build

Original Poster

Toon_army

Are you saying when you clear data the addons just keep coming back? If … Are you saying when you clear data the addons just keep coming back? If so my post explained what's happened, the addons are hardcoreded to the box, you'd have to manually unistall them then install a build like Pulse build

But how can they be hard coded to the box when I uninstall kodi and installed it new? This is my second box and both running the same android version etc... identical boxes.

It probably has something to do with the firmware version you are running. Download another firmware without add ons and it should be ok.
    Or
    Uninstall Kodi hard reset box, redownload

Edited by: "rodders443" 11th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Ahh yes hard reset the box didn't think of that. Cheers

I believe addons are seperate to Kodi. Uninstalling Kodi still leaves the directory where all the addons are, so when you re-install it simply re-adds the addons. That's the way I understand it anyway.

So as discozohan suggests, uninstall Kodi then use a file manager to delete all the directory structures which contains the addons.

here's my best guess without access to the box.

install app called root power explorer, go to home, android, data, select/long press org.xbmc.kodi then click the 3 dots in top right of screen and select permissions, if write isn't checked then do so.

or install system app remover and uninstall kodi from there

Are you running Krypton (Kodi 17)? I'm finding it doesn't load properly on the newer Kodi version. At the moment, anyway.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best £500 student laptop choice?22
      2. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…44
      3. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming33
      4. Memory foam mattress topper33

See more discussions