Groups

cant send sms but can recieve. on vodfone pay monthly

hey, I can recieve calls and texts, but I can't send texts. when I try to send a text. it just says failed. called customer service and they haven't got a clue. can anyone help? thanks in advance

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

15 Comments

Hi,

Try removing battery whilst phone is powered on, leave it out for 15-30 second. as soon as phone starts up try sending any message to 9770.

If you specify your phone someone may know what to check...

I had a problem like this once. Put in a different sim card (not sure but I think it must be a different network) turn it on then off and back to your original sim card. Hope that works for you

Original Poster

stuart936

Hi,Try removing battery whilst phone is powered on, leave it out for … Hi,Try removing battery whilst phone is powered on, leave it out for 15-30 second. as soon as phone starts up try sending any message to 9770.

hey. tried it and still no luck... thanks for the help though

Original Poster

mosskeeto

If you specify your phone someone may know what to check...

sorry, Samsung s4 mini

Original Poster

badasschris

I had a problem like this once. Put in a different sim card (not sure but … I had a problem like this once. Put in a different sim card (not sure but I think it must be a different network) turn it on then off and back to your original sim card. Hope that works for you

can give that a try tomorrow if nothing else works :-(

do you have google hangout? see if you have another app set as default? also check you service centre number? try a full factory reset? have you downloaded a new app?

how long have you had the phone/sim... my lad put his new sim into his i phone and had the same problem, a new sim sorted it out... that was on Tesco pay monthly ( month to month contract ) also kept same number..

Original Poster

ok the latest is, if I have my internet on gsm only, the text sends. if I have it back on 4G, then texts don't send :-/

Original Poster

sorry meant network mode, not internet

Have you tried turning it off and back on?

Try message centre number. go in to messages then press the options button (left hand side next to home button) press settings.
    The message centre number should read s +447785016005

downdetector.co.uk/pro…one

Issue with Vodafone. Scroll down to see comments from Facebook users. All can not send a text message.
    I got the same issue. S/E london.

Banned

Good grief man! The answer is simple, all your contact numbers are stored as work phone numbers. Just copy them to Mobile No.

Original Poster

kos1c

https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/vodafoneIssue with Vodafone. Scroll … https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/vodafoneIssue with Vodafone. Scroll down to see comments from Facebook users. All can not send a text message. I got the same issue. S/E london.

cheers. mines working now. contract is up next month and I've been with then for years. won't be renewing with them, even though they have offered me unlimited mins, texts, 7GB net and 12months either sky sports/Spotify or 6 months of Netflix just for £16
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians1930
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767425
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876401
      4. word association Game74044570

See more discussions