Can't sign in to Chrome browser on Fire HD 8 2017?

Found 25th Jan
Just took delivery of my first fire, got the chrome browser installed, but no option to sign in to get my bookmarks.

Is this not possible?

I downloaded apps from the amazon app store which allows me to read my gmail and access my google drive. I seemed to have failed installed the Play Store, as downloaded the 4 components but the install button is greyed out, even after restarting the device.

Any good guides i can follow to make this work?

tia
Community Updates
AskElectronics
9 Comments
You need to download and install the Plat Store components in order. I did t wrong when I installed it on my Kindle Fire, but went through the procedure again, and it worked.
With regards to Chrome bookmarks, mine carried over when I signed in.
i got the play store now, had to put the fire to sleep and the wake it and the install button appeared, so got that sorted.

Just there is no option to sign in on the chrome browser, wonder if i uninstall it then try reinstalling it from the play store?
saintscouple6 m ago

i got the play store now, had to put the fire to sleep and the wake it and …i got the play store now, had to put the fire to sleep and the wake it and the install button appeared, so got that sorted.Just there is no option to sign in on the chrome browser, wonder if i uninstall it then try reinstalling it from the play store?

Yep that worked, got my bookmarks now

Have you got gmail working?

I went to install the app from the play store and it said wouldn't work without update play services, so done that but still don't work, it opens, but then flashes off and disappears??
I have just had a look at Chrome on my Kindle Fire. You just need to open Settings and at the top it says, "Sign in to Chrome ... Sign in to get your bookmarks, history, password and other settings on all your devices."
Yes. Gmail is working too. Everything should also be in settings on the app.
If you use Kindle book reader, don't let the Google Play Store try to install any updates, otherwise it will muck up the book section. Ignore the update, but let Amazon update the inbuilt app. After awhile the invitation to install Kindle from the Play Store will disappear, though it took about a month for me.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 25th Jan
looks like the only problem i have is with gmail, tried uninstalling and reinstalling but keeps flashing off the screen... will see if anyone else has the same issue
Thanks
saintscouple2 m ago

looks like the only problem i have is with gmail, tried uninstalling and …looks like the only problem i have is with gmail, tried uninstalling and reinstalling but keeps flashing off the screen... will see if anyone else has the same issueThanks

You could just use the mail app to get your gmail if the problem continues.
it's ok, sorted it. This was the problem and solution. Thanks again

33137397-Ut0Ke.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants