Cant top up an ee sim card..Help...

Found 24th Feb 2016
For some reason I cant top up my new EE sim...I have tried over the phone and the guy said there is an issue with my bank " Barclays" so I tried online and it's still not going through...I have enough funds in my account so I'm not sure whats going wrong...I'm running out of data on my contract sim so need to get more data from somewhere...

Thanks
Community Updates
5 Comments
Have you phoned your bank we had a similar problem with Halifax buying tickets online they said they do random fraud checks just had to answer couple of security questions and was sorted straight away
try to use the cash machine. If all works, then your card is not blocked.
But better call them first. You can top up EE just being on the cash machine

At an ATM

Put your bank card into the cashpoint as you would normally do to withdraw cash
Enter your PIN, then choose Mobile Top Up from the options menu
Follow the onscreen instructions to top up
You'll get a choice of EE/Orange or EE/T-Mobile. Both work for EE
You’ll get confirmation that the top up has been successful on the cashpoint screen as well as a printed receipt, and it will be added to your phone immediately.

more information here
Never let's me top up online via Orange for some reason too. Think it's to do with whether the sim is Registered to the same post code as the card to prevent fraud as my sim is still registered at family address. Anyway I usually just go to the shop and get one save the hassle!! Plus one of my local take aways on just eat offer top up with your meal!...and eggs...and toilet roll...and paracetamol...so that's handy too!! There are some sites that offer top ups for a small transaction fee if you really can't get out.
Save yourself a fortune, don't top it up, move to three on their payg, 3p per minute for calls, 2p for texts and 1p per mb. Saved me a fortune over the last 2 years. Obviously you have to have a 3g phone.
You can top up in branch and pay cash
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants