Groups

Cant use paypal balance for Play station store

I am trying to buy game for my son but when it comes to payment although it adds paypal account it doesnt let me add paypal balance. Also are there any free games on psn store? Any help.

12 Comments

Isn't it that when paying for anything with PayPal if you have balance on there it comes out of that

Original Poster

jco83

Isn't it that when paying for anything with PayPal if you have balance on … Isn't it that when paying for anything with PayPal if you have balance on there it comes out of that

It does but not in my case, also it is the first ever time I am buying from psn so no idea how does it work?

It should just go through as the paypal payment whenever you buy something and then remove whatever balance you have from paypal first and the remainder should be funded whatever way you have setup paypal - account or card. I don't think there's a way to transfer say £20 from paypal balance to PSN balance though.

the store is under maintenance

Use a debit card. If paypal withold payment for any reason you run the risk of losing your psn account

123batman321

Use a debit card. If paypal withold payment for any reason you run the … Use a debit card. If paypal withold payment for any reason you run the risk of losing your psn account

What? Since when did this happen..

Original Poster

123batman321

Use a debit card. If paypal withold payment for any reason you run the … Use a debit card. If paypal withold payment for any reason you run the risk of losing your psn account

PSN gives two option either use a paypal or add credit card

Original Poster

AndrewRoss

It should just go through as the paypal payment whenever you buy … It should just go through as the paypal payment whenever you buy something and then remove whatever balance you have from paypal first and the remainder should be funded whatever way you have setup paypal - account or card. I don't think there's a way to transfer say £20 from paypal balance to PSN balance though.

Thx for reply. I dont want to add any balance on PSN. I just wanted to buy through my paypal balance.

asifbutt

PSN gives two option either use a paypal or add credit card

Or pay with mobile phone credit/account

There are quite a few free games available for your son and some good demos as well.

Have you purchased PlayStation+ at all?

Theres been a huge update today with PSN so the store might not be working 100%, I did find it crashing and booting me out of the store a few times today.

To download free games / demos you will need to.

1, Go on the PSN store

2,Go down the menu you are on to "Games" and push X

3,Another menu will pop up, scroll down to "free games" or "demos" which ever one you have selected push X and then a list of titles shall be shown for you to download.

4,Select a game you wish to download and push X, this will be bring up another screen showing you a brief synopsis of the game. At this point there should be a box saying try demo for free? Push X and then the game will start downloading.

5,You will see a little box pop up on the left hand side to inform you that your selected item is downloading. That box will also reappear to inform you that the download is also completed.

6,Hit the PS button on the controller and you will be taken back to the main PSN screen showing you the games you have played and installed on the console.

7,Select the demo / free game and press X and enjoy

I might of got a few things wrong as I'm not in front of my PS4 and trying my best to remember. Hope that helps and let us know how it goes

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Or pay with mobile phone credit/account

Thank you so much for such a brief description. I did downloaded few games but sadly these are all demos and none of them are full games. Also I dont know if I have psn plus account. All I have is a psn account on my ps3.

ThugBasher

What? Since when did this happen..

Never happened to me personally seen it mentioned a few times on here tho. I can neither deny or confirm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions