Can't use sky go on google chrome anymore

Found 1st May 2015
Went to use sky go on chrome and it can't be used anymore apparently. Need Internet explorer apparently. Is there a way round it as I'm not a fan of I.E.
Community Updates
AskSky
10 Comments
Firefox or safari still works
you sure i just checked on my android phone and works fine havnt got ff or safari installed

Is it the NAPI plugin that's causing the issue?

Chromes latest updated browser (version 42) blocks plugins by default.

copy the quote and paste in your browser

chrome://flags/#enable-npapi

Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.

Then scroll down to select Relaunch << this bit is important
Edited by: "philphil61" 1st May 2015
It's not on android I have the problem. When I load it through the laptop a message appears from google reading sky go will no longer be working and to use Internet explorer or something similar
philphil61

Is it the NAPI plugin that's causing the issue?Chromes latest updated … Is it the NAPI plugin that's causing the issue?Chromes latest updated browser (version 42) blocks plugins by default.copy the quote and paste in your browser Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.Then scroll down to select Relaunch << this bit is important

Thanks this fixed my switchy proxy issue even if it does not help the op
Sky Go and Sky Store both rely on a web browser technology called Silverlight to play video.

Support for Silverlight has now been removed from the Google Chrome browser.

So if you currently use Chrome to enjoy entertainment from Sky Go or Sky Store on a compatible Windows PC, laptop or Mac, you'll need to switch to a different web-browser:

Download Internet Explorer 11

Download Mozilla Firefox

Download Safari
AStonedRaichu

Sky Go and Sky Store both rely on a web browser technology called … Sky Go and Sky Store both rely on a web browser technology called Silverlight to play video.Support for Silverlight has now been removed from the Google Chrome browser.So if you currently use Chrome to enjoy entertainment from Sky Go or Sky Store on a compatible Windows PC, laptop or Mac, you'll need to switch to a different web-browser:Download Internet Explorer 11Download Mozilla FirefoxDownload Safari

Silverlight is just another NAPI addon - it's possible that my original post (instructions) might correct the issue.

I don't use Sky/Sky Go so cannot test

According to this link - it will fix

support.panopto.com/doc…ome
Edited by: "philphil61" 1st May 2015
Thank you all for your responses. Will try the add on and hopefully it works. If it doesn't then will install silver light
All support and workarounds on chrome will stop for silverlight by september, just use another browser now to get used to it. seems odd google would direct users to other browsers though and lose income that way.
it's always good to have a second browser anyway. Useful for sites that mess up on one browser and also to see how they compare with updates.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants