Capitulation.

Found 8th Dec 2017
If I had voted for Brexit, which I obviously didn't, I wouldn't be very happy by the way things are going to date. The negotiations by the UK government have been a joke characterised by talking tough, to play to the Brexiteer galleries, and then capitulating to the demands of the EU to move negotiations forward.

Today the UK government agreed to this. "In the absence of an overall trade deal, the UK will maintain "full alignment" with elements of the EU single market and customs union which support the economy of the island of Ireland and the Good Friday Agreement."

Any negotiator accepting those terms before the proper negotiations starts is in a very poor position. This is a total shambles and the UK will leave with a bad deal.

ps. I accept the referendum result and we must leave.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Brexiters: 'I didn't vote for this'

16,141,241 others: 'Neither did we - difference is, you are to blame for it'

Right from the start, they were told that they had no idea what they were voting for and we got:

'blue passports'
'no more eu bureaucracy'
'our country back'
'red, white & blue unicorns'
' millions for our NHS'

Today they found out. They had no idea, no clue whatsoever what they were voting for. And the rest of the country can get on with blaming them for this utter farce.
At last!

A Brexit thread.

Unsubbed.
Meh. EU is glorious and must be given endless amounts of money, courts and power. Because they choose to be a bully and not partner we must subjugate ourselves to them and pay them as much money as they like...EU is paradise... let's march.
The only joke about Brexit is the ops constant Brexit threads. Curiously another member has a similar obsession. Heawd is that another one of your multi's? Spam.
172 Comments
Subbed.
Brexiters: 'I didn't vote for this'

16,141,241 others: 'Neither did we - difference is, you are to blame for it'

Right from the start, they were told that they had no idea what they were voting for and we got:

'blue passports'
'no more eu bureaucracy'
'our country back'
'red, white & blue unicorns'
' millions for our NHS'

Today they found out. They had no idea, no clue whatsoever what they were voting for. And the rest of the country can get on with blaming them for this utter farce.
At last!

A Brexit thread.

Unsubbed.
Meh. EU is glorious and must be given endless amounts of money, courts and power. Because they choose to be a bully and not partner we must subjugate ourselves to them and pay them as much money as they like...EU is paradise... let's march.
The only joke about Brexit is the ops constant Brexit threads. Curiously another member has a similar obsession. Heawd is that another one of your multi's? Spam.
Original Poster
davewave13 m ago

Meh. EU is glorious and must be given endless amounts of money, courts and …Meh. EU is glorious and must be given endless amounts of money, courts and power. Because they choose to be a bully and not partner we must subjugate ourselves to them and pay them as much money as they like...EU is paradise... let's march.

"Because they choose to be a bully and not a partner".......

At last the penny is dropping as to who is in control of these negotiations.

We are still very important and will get a fairly decent deal.
Original Poster
.MUFC.10 m ago

The only joke about Brexit is the ops constant Brexit threads. Curiously …The only joke about Brexit is the ops constant Brexit threads. Curiously another member has a similar obsession. Heawd is that another one of your multi's? Spam.

Why spam? Because I raise questions you aren't able to comprehend?
RedLozzer2 m ago

i thought anything goes in misc?
Original Poster
adamspencer955 m ago

i thought anything goes in misc?

Brexit isn't allowed in misc nowadays as it makes the Misc regulars look fools. Threads about terrorists, people on benefits and anything else the daily mail would publish are still fine.
davewave23 m ago

Meh. EU is glorious and must be given endless amounts of money, courts and …Meh. EU is glorious and must be given endless amounts of money, courts and power. Because they choose to be a bully and not partner we must subjugate ourselves to them and pay them as much money as they like...EU is paradise... let's march.

negotiation only works if we have something they need

it's pretty clear that's not the case
adamspencer9552 s ago

negotiation only works if we have something they needit's pretty clear …negotiation only works if we have something they needit's pretty clear that's not the case

do you understand balance of trade?
davewave4 m ago

do you understand balance of trade?

I understand the words 'widening trade deficit' if that helps
RedLozzer15 m ago

Because clearly your only purpose is to bait and troll, you've posted multiple Brexit threads and yet barely take part in discussion. You could have easily asked the same question in one of your many other Brexit threads. It's not really that much of a different question either. At least we can move onto the next stage of discussions.

Yes I'm disappointed that we've caved in and willing to cave into there blackmail demands. However there has been some giving and taking. It's remaining part of the EU during transition period and then we'll exit the customs union and single market. Sensible long term strategy rather than rushed deal that doesn't suit either side.
Original Poster
.MUFC.2 m ago

Because clearly your only purpose is to bait and troll, you've posted …Because clearly your only purpose is to bait and troll, you've posted multiple Brexit threads and yet barely take part in discussion. You could have easily asked the same question in one of your many other Brexit threads. It's not really that much of a different question either. At least we can move onto the next stage of discussions.Yes I'm disappointed that we've caved in and willing to cave into there blackmail demands. However there has been some giving and taking. It's remaining part of the EU during transition period and then we'll exit the customs union and single market. Sensible long term strategy rather than rushed deal that doesn't suit either side.

Mind reader.
Brexsh**eers don't care as long as they end up with less people living near them with funny accents
Segata-Sanshiro2 m ago

Brexsh**eers don't care as long as they end up with less people living …Brexsh**eers don't care as long as they end up with less people living near them with funny accents

Net migration is down by about 230,000.
Original Poster
.MUFC.3 m ago

Net migration is down. Whether that is good for the country never enters your mind. That is sad.
.MUFC.8 m ago

Well at least its following the trend along with our currency exchange rates, exports etc.
RedLozzer10 m ago

Net migration is down. Whether that is good for the country never enters …Net migration is down. Whether that is good for the country never enters your mind. That is sad.

That depends on who is migrating and whether they contribute more that they take. You probably believe in Labours magic money tree and endless vast Countryside we can build houses on to house them all. We won't run out of resources anytime soon. Don't worry the EU will pay for there NHS treatment etc...
Edited by: ".MUFC." 8th Dec 2017
Segata-Sanshiro20 m ago

Brexsh**eers don't care as long as they end up with less people living …Brexsh**eers don't care as long as they end up with less people living near them with funny accents

I have Barnsley down the road from me, Geordies up north, mancs and scousers over the hill.
Trust me I'm surrounded by funny accents.
Segata-Sanshiro11 m ago

Well at least its following the trend along with our currency exchange …Well at least its following the trend along with our currency exchange rates, exports etc.

Nope, that's because we're in the process of Brexiting, Hopefully once it's all sorted we'll start seeing things return to above Pre Brexit levels.
RedLozzer16 m ago

Net migration is down. Whether that is good for the country never enters …Net migration is down. Whether that is good for the country never enters your mind. That is sad.

Do you think mass migration from the EU is good?
shadey124 m ago

Mass mirgration to the EU might not be a bad thing for some on here, since they are flying the flag for their glorious ideal.
RedLozzer23 m ago

Silly billy, it is a world's apart between a national gain/loss (collective good/bad) and a personal gain/loss.
.MUFC.13 m ago

That depends on who is migrating and whether they contribute more that …That depends on who is migrating and whether they contribute more that they take. You probably believe in Labours magic money tree and endless vast Countryside we can build houses on to house them all. We won't run out of resources anytime soon. Don't worry the EU will pay for there NHS treatment etc...

you mean like all the UK retirees that move to Spain?
shadey128 m ago

Mass emigration may be beneficial, if you cannot beat them join them, start by learning another lauguage may help.
adamspencer954 m ago

I'm sure they probably contribute more than they take since they probably get British pensions.
splender5 m ago

Mass emigration may be beneficial, if you cannot beat them join them, …Mass emigration may be beneficial, if you cannot beat them join them, start by learning another lauguage may help.

Language.

I don't need to learn another language (sometimes I struggle deciphering your posts in English splender) everyone knows you just talk/shout louder.
Edited by: "shadey12" 8th Dec 2017
shadey1216 m ago

Language.I don't need to learn another language (sometimes I struggle …Language.I don't need to learn another language (sometimes I struggle deciphering your posts in English splender) everyone knows you just talk/shout louder.

If you cannot decipher what I write, you have no hope in deciphering Brexit deals for sure. In any event there aren't many spreadsheets published so far for the public to do some financial and economic modelling. Even the concept of a divorce settlement on commitments made seemed to have been glossed over by experienced people, anyone could have deciphered that from the words "yes" or "no" on the ballot paper.
Edited by: "splender" 8th Dec 2017
Wth are our leaders doing ?
A 'breakthrough deal' means paying £39bn , letting all the East Europeans stay and even letting them bring their dynasties in the future.
What was the point of Brexit then ?

Things will get worse and this country is done for.
adamspencer9512 m ago

I'm sure if the Spanish didn't want British pensioners spending their British money in the Spanish local economy, they could have a referendum.
splender3 m ago

If you cannot decipher what I write, you have no hope in deciphering …If you cannot decipher what I write, you have no hope in deciphering Brexit deals for sure. In any event there aren't many spreadsheets published so far for the public to do some financial and economic modelling. Even the concept of a divorce settlement on commitments made seemed to have been glossed over by experienced people, anyone could have deciphered that from the words "yes" or "on" on the ballot paper.

Yes, err No.
Original Poster
.MUFC.28 m ago

That depends on who is migrating and whether they contribute more that …That depends on who is migrating and whether they contribute more that they take. You probably believe in Labours magic money tree and endless vast Countryside we can build houses on to house them all. We won't run out of resources anytime soon. Don't worry the EU will pay for there NHS treatment etc...

You know a lot about my views. You don't.
zworld3 m ago

Wth are our leaders doing ? A 'breakthrough deal' means paying £39bn , …Wth are our leaders doing ? A 'breakthrough deal' means paying £39bn , letting all the East Europeans stay and even letting them bring their dynasties in the future.What was the point of Brexit then ?Things will get worse and this country is done for.

My guess is Brexit was due to a man-made (woman-made) problem by failure of leaders of politics and business to do fair distribution and allocation of resources to the population.
Original Poster
shadey1224 m ago

Yes.
shadey126 m ago

I'm sure if the Spanish didn't want British pensioners spending their …I'm sure if the Spanish didn't want British pensioners spending their British money in the Spanish local economy, they could have a referendum.

you mean in the same way EU migrants coming to the UK spend their money in the UK economy?

that's a bad thing...why?
Original Poster
shadey1229 m ago

I have Barnsley down the road from me, Geordies up north, mancs and …I have Barnsley down the road from me, Geordies up north, mancs and scousers over the hill.Trust me I'm surrounded by funny accents.

Yes, and know the accents you don't like.
RedLozzer8 m ago

Yes, and know the accents you don't like.

Can you make that statement make sense?
adamspencer9529 m ago

you mean in the same way EU migrants coming to the UK spend their money in …you mean in the same way EU migrants coming to the UK spend their money in the UK economy?that's a bad thing...why?

what is clear, when Euro was launched in 1999 there were €1.42 to £1. If whatever that was happening since (1999 if not before) with spending by immigrants, investors and tourists causing wealth generation was ever so good, then the bottom-line picture suggests otherwise. On the other hand, perhaps that EU was ever so good to us that if hadn't for the Europeans it could have been much worse, say at €0.5 to £1 ?! Who knows, I don't know other than the fact that £ has been on a decline ever WW2,something is wroug, right?

One thing that is sure about capitulation, was that the Brits capitulated all of a sudden with manufacturing. All of a sudden there was a civil war between workers and the owners of businesses and the businessmen had turned their backs on the Brits with outsourcing.

32679897-PaxII.jpg
Edited by: "splender" 8th Dec 2017
splender16 m ago

My guess is Brexit was due to a man-made (woman-made) problem by failure …My guess is Brexit was due to a man-made (woman-made) problem by failure of leaders of politics and business to do fair distribution and allocation of resources to the population.

Really? I just put it down to people being a bit thick and gullible. That accusation is pointed at both sides of the fence.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants