Captive wild birds

Posted 12th Aug 2020
Just seen a house with large enclosure in back garden full of crows. Lady here on job says the bedroom is full of magpies. They can been seen at window. All very odd. They have tried to speak to RSPCA with no response and animal rescue said its an RSPCA problem.

Anyone with advice on this and is it legal?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
People think keeping a large group of crows is easy.

It's not, it's murder.
Edited by: "spoo" 12th Aug
10 Comments
It's illegal to keep crows as they are migratory so I would deffo call RSPB. Magpies in the bedroom I can't think of anything worse
Edited by: "MonkeyMan90" 12th Aug
As @MonkeyMan90 says, call RSPB.
Several attempts to call so far over last few weeks I've been told to the RSPCA. Just an answering machine at the moment with no return call. Guess it's difficult time but plenty of houses and neighbours around that can see and hear the crows. Can't help thinking this is the ongoing problem.. OK.. I'll see what happens... Thanks
Edited by: "wayners" 12th Aug
MonkeyMan9012/08/2020 12:42

It's illegal to keep crows as they are migratory so I would deffo call …It's illegal to keep crows as they are migratory so I would deffo call RSPB. Magpies in the bedroom I can't think of anything worse

It's ok to say I don't know.... Keeping corvids is not illegal. The legal bit is dependant on how you obtain it. nothing to do with migration. They are protected under the wildlife and countryside act.

May well just be a corvid sanctuary for injured birds. did you actually ask at the house?
sillyoldbear12/08/2020 13:17

It's ok to say I don't know.... Keeping corvids is not illegal. The legal …It's ok to say I don't know.... Keeping corvids is not illegal. The legal bit is dependant on how you obtain it. nothing to do with migration. They are protected under the wildlife and countryside act. May well just be a corvid sanctuary for injured birds. did you actually ask at the house?

Sorry I was just under the assumption she birdnapped them with how many she has I always think the worst of people. But yes you're right it's only illegal if they are taken from the wild.
Can't see those birds breeding in those environments. Rspca are garbage.
How many crows did she have? Would you say she had Corvid-19?
Edited by: "harlzter" 12th Aug
People think keeping a large group of crows is easy.

It's not, it's murder.
Edited by: "spoo" 12th Aug
spoo12/08/2020 16:02

People think keeping a large group of crows is easy.It's not, it's murder.

If a group of crows is a murder is a single one a suicide?
Try and find out if it's rented property or not.

Also a quick email to environmental health will help.
Post a comment
@
    Text