Car advice needed plz

Found 10th Jul 2012
Hi all,

I have just bought VW Golf mk4, now I wish to install sat nav with dvd & Bluetooth. Don't wana spen too much but I would like some ideas.

It's a double din, I have seen few on eBay (Chinese), eonon make but do t know what to buy. Does anyone have or recommend a double din sat nav.

Many thanks

9 Comments

The pioneer SPH-DA100 from halfords looks like a good option. Down to £299 at the mo. Looks like it will sync with your phone to use you maps app on there, bluetooth compatible, not a dvd player tho, but can use the usb at rear and watch off your phone? Good make and a warranty from somewhere you can take it back to!

Original Poster

That's looks good at halfords

Just been reading the reviews, got a galaxy s3 myself and i a bit tempted!

Original Poster

Amazon ones are nice but too expensive

Banned

alien_jiggy

That's looks good at halfords

£300 for a satnav! thought you d dnt wana spen too much

Original Poster

I know! Looking for cheaper...how about eBay ones?

The VW stereos give a good sound quality, perhaps go for a JVC double din and have a portable for the Sat Nav? They are better in my opinion than the car versions.

I bought a double Din from this company about 3 years ago and it was very good, paid I think £195 + about £30 for import duty, took approx. 5 days for it to arrive. Have everything you could actually think off, DVD, DTV, Sat nav, Ipod control, touch screen etc etc. There was a couple of very minor issues but I could live with them, the SDCard slot would only accept 2GB and not 8GB as said and also when it was very cold outside the touchscreen was not as responsive as it should be.

chinavasion.com/

Edited by: "Deleteaccount" 10th Jul 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants