Groups

Car and motorcycle insurance

Banned
    Does my no claims discount from my car insurance apply to motorcycle insurance? Heard some wild rumour that you can only use no claims on one insurance policy at a time, which is a mad if I want to insure a second car right?

9 Comments

1 no claims bonus per insurance policy

Yes you can use your no claims bonus to insure a bike (most companies will let you) BUT you cannot do it at the same time as the car is insured, it has to be one or the other

No claims bonus's earned on a bike CANNOT be used on cars, apart from a vew few select companies that will let you, there are a couple, but not many, I believe direct line is one.

i second what karen says, if you insure with the same company you may get a second policy discount

They're sly ******s these insurers.
    They won't give you a bike discount for having no claims on car insuarance,but they'll bump the price up if you have made a claim on a car policy :x

Its true sadly - the rule of thumb is the bike no claims is seperate to your cars - i think Carol Nash do a Car & Bike Policy (sixth sense)
    sourcewire.com/rel…068

They are in business to make money :thinking:

Your bike insurance will be cheap as chips anyway, but totally seperate when it comes down to NCB (although points for speeding etc from one vehicle, carry onto the other !!).

Original Poster Banned

ChrisUK;7185435

Your bike insurance will be cheap as chips anyway, but totally seperate … Your bike insurance will be cheap as chips anyway, but totally seperate when it comes down to NCB (although points for speeding etc from one vehicle, carry onto the other !!).

Apparently I can't insure my bike for my CBT, will I have to pay the course instructor for insurance on his property then or will this be included in the fee? :thumbsup:

Just do your CBT on thier bikes & keep yours for when you pass your test !

insurance companies = robbing *******s
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764489
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …57105
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1634
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1821

See more discussions