Car Auctions

I am looking to buy a car and was wondering where about near and around Manchester, there are car auctions.

17 Comments

i'd use ebay and click on the 'distance' option, it will bring all the vehicles nearest too you to the top. Same with autotrader.

the one near huddersfield is really awesome to go to

HUGE place

if you are not far away from bridlington in east yorkshire, you can go on this:

[url]www.bridlingtonmotorauction.co.uk[/url]

If you plan to buy at an auction i would take someone with a bit of experience.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

yup my uncles coming, he goes to loads and know cars very well, thanks for your suggestions

sharpgx15;1399015

this may help :)http://www.british-car-auctions.co.uk/Default.aspx?page=43

Spot on there. I live in Chorlton and bought my 2001 Astra 3 and a half yrs ago for £3200 from BCA. Glass price guide for it was £4300.

Loads of bargains in there.

I took my girlfriend recently to looks at a SEAT ibiza. It went for £4000, and within a week it was sold on a car dealers website for £5,500.

Theres a few in Manchester that are pretty good, friend bought a car recently from one in Levenshulme, she bagged an absolute bargain....

Just remember that many cars in an auction are there for a very good reason, they are carp.

It is often cheaper and better to buy privately, at least you can test/check the vehicle and possibly haggle the price down.

strike;1399090

yup my uncles coming, he goes to loads and know cars very well, thanks … yup my uncles coming, he goes to loads and know cars very well, thanks for your suggestions

So he goes to " loads " but doesn't actually know where they are?...very strange.

Inactive;1400393

Just remember that many cars in an auction are there for a very good … Just remember that many cars in an auction are there for a very good reason, they are carp.

That's not my experience. Every auction I've been to, 95% of the cars have been ex-company cars that have come to the end of their lease. And company cars tend to be fully serviced. Also, where do you think second hand car dealers get their cars?

All my family and friends buy from Auction, and not one of them have had a problem.

But as Ryancs said, bring someone with you who knows about cars.

Tip: Ask the person driving the car into the auction room questions about the performance of the car, they’re very helpful.[/FONT]

theres a good one in chelmsford. i went to that auction and most of the cars there were bought by car giant.

They are not as bad as they used to be, between us me and my mates used to shift some right old heaps of rubbish that would most likely break down before they got them home, just get them so they run enough and quiet enough to do the drive through and give them a good t-cut to make them look better than they are and bobs your uncle for what we used to buy at scrap prices and sell for £2-300. Conversely if buying a car if it looks too clean for its age avoid in most cases, we would buy ones that are not cleaned up and sell them privately, as you see exactly what you are getting and the wool isnt being pulled over your eyes!

Original Poster

Inactive;1400398

So he goes to " loads " but doesn't actually know where they are?...very … So he goes to " loads " but doesn't actually know where they are?...very strange.

well my uncle is not form or near manchester so he does not know which ones are really good to go to, as we dont want to waste time.

My Dad and Brother are car dealers and go to the auction at Leeds every week.

The same company also have auctions at Manchester. This is the link to the website (cant work out how to do it as a hyperlink)

manheim.co.uk/fin…tml

Original Poster

thanks for all the help every1

Remember aswell that when you buy a car you can expect to pay at least £250 in service charges for buying at an auction.:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions