Groups

car audio system

Hi,

Im looking at setting up an audio system in my car. I want to leave my existing 4 speakers in my car and add an additional 2 speakers in the foot wells (already bought a couple of new vibe speakers)

my question is I cant see a cd player with room for 6 speaker ouput. What is the easiest way of setting it up.

Im also adding 2x 1200 watt subs an amp and a couple of tweeters.

Not very clued up with car audio systems, so any help appreciated.

Thanks

15 Comments

Take a look on a ICE forum,

You will get all the info there you need and loads of user guides etc.

Original Poster

RickT

Take a look on a ICE forum,You will get all the info there you need and … Take a look on a ICE forum,You will get all the info there you need and loads of user guides etc.

Ok, thanks rick. Will do mate

Original Poster

deek72

This is the biggy

Cheers deek, will take a look there too

Speakers in the footwells? They went out of fashion when evolution removed the ears from our feet X)

Seriously, waste of time that will just mess up the soundstage. As for the speakers, depending what they are you just wire them to the relevant output front/rear via HPF/LPF's. I'd chuck them through a small amp myself.

if you're going to do that, think you will make your 4 original speakers redundant. Or even end up blowing them without knowing it.

Speakers in the footwell is not the best idea. If you use your amps for the speakers you will notice a big difference.

Original Poster

Shengis

Speakers in the footwells? They went out of fashion when evolution … Speakers in the footwells? They went out of fashion when evolution removed the ears from our feet X)Seriously, waste of time that will just mess up the soundstage. As for the speakers, depending what they are you just wire them to the relevant output front/rear via HPF/LPF's. I'd chuck them through a small amp myself.

Ok shengis you seem a man who knows what they are talking about. I have bought a couple of new speakers so instead of replacing the ones already there I thought I would have 6. So basically Your saying run all 6 speakers through the amp? (I know sweet fa about that sort of stuff, as you can see) lol

jonny619447

Ok shengis you seem a man who knows what they are talking about. I have … Ok shengis you seem a man who knows what they are talking about. I have bought a couple of new speakers so instead of replacing the ones already there I thought I would have 6. So basically Your saying run all 6 speakers through the amp? (I know sweet fa about that sort of stuff, as you can see) lol

Have you got a standard car bult Stereo, or is it a brought one? If it has got pre-outs that will be a great help.

Banned

Use the speakers you bought to replace 2 of your existing speakers, and of course use an amp if possible.

Original Poster

Remster

Have you got a standard car bult Stereo, or is it a brought one? If it … Have you got a standard car bult Stereo, or is it a brought one? If it has got pre-outs that will be a great help.

Its just a standard ford 6000 rds one. But I am planning on getting a new one. Is it not possible to run 6 speakers through then

si_dawg

Use the speakers you bought to replace 2 of your existing speakers, and … Use the speakers you bought to replace 2 of your existing speakers, and of course use an amp if possible.

So can I not use all 6 then?

What car is this anyway?

Original Poster

Shengis

What car is this anyway?

Knew this question was coming, its just a focus, but I like loud music and wanna feel the vibes as I drive my chav mobile, lol

My simplest advice is to look up beginners guide to help you understand most bits. Then go from there.

Well get on that site I sent you then Loads of chavs with foci on there LOL.

(But I didn't say that......)

Original Poster

Shengis

Well get on that site I sent you then Loads of chavs with foci on … Well get on that site I sent you then Loads of chavs with foci on there LOL.(But I didn't say that......)

I'm a young lad, I will have plenty of time for my ford galaxy when I get older (_;)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions