Groups
    EXPIRED

Car Battery Charger Required

Hi all, I'm trying to find a cheap basic car battery charger, hopefully to pick up tomorrow from town, so the usual shops.
    If anyone knows of a good deal then please let me know.

Thanks

4 Comments

as with most things, you buy cheap dont expect it to be any good

Original Poster

Its just for the occassional charge, my old one was cheap and has lasted over 10 years so good going

Banned

wilkinsons have one around a tenner,
    however, the cheaper ones do not detect full charge, and a modern car has a sealed battery now, not a good combination

I had to buy a modern one when I went to a modern sealed battery, so those chargers now cost more, please look for an automatic charger!

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

i know, more money
    but it wont make your battery gas, and you plug in and forget

Original Poster

jubbyme;8207513

wilkinsons have one around a tenner, however, the cheaper ones do not … wilkinsons have one around a tenner, however, the cheaper ones do not detect full charge, and a modern car has a sealed battery now, not a good combinationI had to buy a modern one when I went to a modern sealed battery, so those chargers now cost more, please look for an automatic charger!http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7402089/c_1/1|category_root|Garden+and+DIY|14418702/c_2/3|15701034|Car+equipment+and+accessories|14418747/c_3/4|cat_14418747|Car+battery+chargers|14418754.htmi know, more moneybut it wont make your battery gas, and you plug in and forget

Thanks for the info & advice, this Argos one is only £10 more than ones I've been looking at & probably a better buy so will look into that today. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions