Car break down cover in Spain

Found 14th Feb
We don't have break down cover for our car so I am wondering if we should take out break down cover for when we are in Spain on holiday.

If you have driven your car to Europe, did you take out break down cover?

Anyone got any advice on what break down cover to get if you think it is a good idea to do so?
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
take a look around honestjohn.co.uk for advice
I took out the AA European break down cover, it covers get you home cover, hotel accommodation and up to £500 in car parts and repairs it gives me a year’s cover I think it was about £150 but I did travel over Europe from uk to Croatia to Lisbon doing 3 trips but a great feeling to know you have such cover
Definitely worth taking out AA cover if travelling abroad. Back in the early 90s I had a brake issue when touring in the French Alps, without the AA I wouldn't have known where to start looking for someone to repair it or even how to describe the problem in French. Turned out to be a failed cylinder so it would have been impossible to continue without repairing it. Our car was recovered, we were taken to a hotel and the car was returned to us the next morning, couldn't have been easier.
Enter continent at least twice a year with my car - each year I use the comparison sites and balance cost with what is on offer (including cashback) Never had aa as compared to others they seem most costly. Although rarely stayed with same firm. Also never needed to to claim although seen plenty that either have or worse chosen not to cover and then broken down.
RAC or AA. RAC is on TCB. Really good service if you break down abroard.
This article goes over the majority of considerations and a link to ranking them:
Boughtbymany

Have used Aviva, axa, qdos, start rescue, green flag from their list also Kwik fit although they stopped providing cover themselves if I remember correctly.

Myself it will be April when I take a more detailed look and see who is promoting and how it compares with cover offered and cashback.
Bertz9914th Feb

This article goes over the majority of considerations and a link to …This article goes over the majority of considerations and a link to ranking them:BoughtbymanyHave used Aviva, axa, qdos, start rescue, green flag from their list also Kwik fit although they stopped providing cover themselves if I remember correctly.Myself it will be April when I take a more detailed look and see who is promoting and how it compares with cover offered and cashback.

thank you, will definitely have a look. we are going in April as well so i guess i will have a closer look nearer the time.
Just remember to sign up in advance of your trip as different firms have different lead times to signing up and it being active. Too close and you will limit your available choices.
No WiFi, no car cover, maybe just stay in the UK
benjammin31631 m ago

No WiFi, no car cover, maybe just stay in the UK

If you dont stop trolling my threads, i will report you and you will be suspended
IF you are insured with AVIVA you should have European breakdown included.

You don't need to upgrade your breakdown cover for whole year, just few days before the trip.
gcmarcal5 h, 4 m ago

IF you are insured with AVIVA you should have European breakdown included. …IF you are insured with AVIVA you should have European breakdown included. You don't need to upgrade your breakdown cover for whole year, just few days before the trip.

good point. we have car insurance with GA, which is the internet arm of AVIVA. I have just checked our policy and it states that we have not chosen breakdown cover. i will ask GA how much it would cost to add this cover on as that may work out cheaper than taking out separate breakdown cover.
mutley117 h, 5 m ago

good point. we have car insurance with GA, which is the internet arm of …good point. we have car insurance with GA, which is the internet arm of AVIVA. I have just checked our policy and it states that we have not chosen breakdown cover. i will ask GA how much it would cost to add this cover on as that may work out cheaper than taking out separate breakdown cover.

When I worked with insurance back in 2016. Aviva would have European breakdown as standard. they might have changed after brexit.
mutley114th Feb

If you dont stop trolling my threads, i will report you and you will be …If you dont stop trolling my threads, i will report you and you will be suspended

Maybe if you stop trolling in every thread you start/post in?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants