Car breakdown cover.

Posted 5th Jan
Been with Autoaid for as long as I can remember. 2 cars, me and the Mrs, wanting home start, onward travel etc but don't need Europe. Autoaid is £60 for renewal, usually manage to get it through Groupon. Is £60 the best deal?
Or are there any better recommendations?
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
I'm with rescuemycar, given their exceptional service the one time we've had to call them out I will be staying with them. My wife hit a pothole and broke a tyre, within minutes of calling them we had a confirmed pickup with a local company who kept us both updated with every step. Considering I was 200 miles away at the time and they were updating us both I thought it was so much better than the time I felt abandoned by the AA.

The car was taken to my preferred garage with no questions asked, and the car was on the road again before the afternoons school run. They even called me later in the afternoon to ask about my wife. Not her car, they actually asked if my wife was ok.
19 Comments
Start rescue are fairly good and cheaper normally around the £35 for me
Thanks Douglas, think the Autoaid one is better for me with it covering me and the wife.
Cheers anyway
They bumped their prices up about 8 months ago.
J4GG405/01/2020 17:37

They bumped their prices up about 8 months ago.

Yep, 1st time I've checked recently as the renewal has come through.
I tend to switch rather than renew a policy and also claim some cashback in the process.Having tried the RAC,AA and Autoaid over the years,I'm currently in my second year with Rescuemycar,reasonable rates but yet to try out the service
Sonofclara05/01/2020 17:55

I tend to switch rather than renew a policy and also claim some cashback …I tend to switch rather than renew a policy and also claim some cashback in the process.Having tried the RAC,AA and Autoaid over the years,I'm currently in my second year with Rescuemycar,reasonable rates but yet to try out the service

Cheers, will take a look. (Just checked but more expensive than automatic) thanks anyway.
Edited by: "kramvic" 5th Jan
I'm with rescuemycar, given their exceptional service the one time we've had to call them out I will be staying with them. My wife hit a pothole and broke a tyre, within minutes of calling them we had a confirmed pickup with a local company who kept us both updated with every step. Considering I was 200 miles away at the time and they were updating us both I thought it was so much better than the time I felt abandoned by the AA.

The car was taken to my preferred garage with no questions asked, and the car was on the road again before the afternoons school run. They even called me later in the afternoon to ask about my wife. Not her car, they actually asked if my wife was ok.
Startescue and rescue my car are both great
slimy3105/01/2020 18:08

I'm with rescuemycar, given their exceptional service the one time we've …I'm with rescuemycar, given their exceptional service the one time we've had to call them out I will be staying with them. My wife hit a pothole and broke a tyre, within minutes of calling them we had a confirmed pickup with a local company who kept us both updated with every step. Considering I was 200 miles away at the time and they were updating us both I thought it was so much better than the time I felt abandoned by the AA. The car was taken to my preferred garage with no questions asked, and the car was on the road again before the afternoons school run. They even called me later in the afternoon to ask about my wife. Not her car, they actually asked if my wife was ok.

Sounds like an excellent service.
kramvic05/01/2020 16:49

Thanks Douglas, think the Autoaid one is better for me with it covering me …Thanks Douglas, think the Autoaid one is better for me with it covering me and the wife.Cheers anyway

Not a problem, horses for courses
See if your insurance does it. I got breakdown with everything bar Europe travel for an extra £40ish
Go through MSE link for £6 discount on autoaid
sicklysweet05/01/2020 19:02

Go through MSE link for £6 discount on autoaid

Nice 1, think this will be the cheapest for me.
kramvic05/01/2020 19:03

Nice 1, think this will be the cheapest for me.

I did it yesterday for my parents as it covers spouses.

EDIT: £53.99
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 5th Jan
If you can’t find the link just say and I’ll find it for you
slimy3105/01/2020 18:08

I'm with rescuemycar, given their exceptional service the one time we've …I'm with rescuemycar, given their exceptional service the one time we've had to call them out I will be staying with them. My wife hit a pothole and broke a tyre, within minutes of calling them we had a confirmed pickup with a local company who kept us both updated with every step. Considering I was 200 miles away at the time and they were updating us both I thought it was so much better than the time I felt abandoned by the AA. The car was taken to my preferred garage with no questions asked, and the car was on the road again before the afternoons school run. They even called me later in the afternoon to ask about my wife. Not her car, they actually asked if my wife was ok.

Thanks for recommendation. Just bought through tcb at 22% cash back which tracked immediately making it £24 for national cover.
Allsorts212106/01/2020 00:21

Thanks for recommendation. Just bought through tcb at 22% cash back which …Thanks for recommendation. Just bought through tcb at 22% cash back which tracked immediately making it £24 for national cover.

There is a £40 excess per call out.
JimboParrot06/01/2020 07:12

You can pay a little more for no excess. I'm with rescuemycar and they were fantastic the only time I've ever had to call them out. Required me to get a taxi from services as there were too many of us to fit in the breakdown vehicle which cost £69 but they refunded me straight away.
JimboParrot06/01/2020 07:12

Yes wish I had added that to policy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions