Car Breakdown Cover - RAC, AA who else and when's next deal

Posted 7th Jun
So I missed out on the recent RAC breakdown cover deal.

How often do the RAC breakdown cover deals come? Does anyone have a rough estimate on the next one?

I've heard of RAC and AA, but does anyone recommend any other companies?
Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Emergency Assist on Groupon
I use start rescue, been OK so far (only used them once wasn't perfect but wasn't horrible) but at only £35 per year is a bargain
Agree groupon way forward
MarioMan07/06/2020 21:04

Do you use them? Thanks

Have in the past, no issue.

A friend used them yesterday when they had a flat battery. They came within 30min.
Autoaid or Greenflag both very good.
If you have family travel insurance as well, consider nationwide flex account, £13 a month plus other benefits.
nopartylikeansclubparty07/06/2020 21:16

I use start rescue, been OK so far (only used them once wasn't perfect but …I use start rescue, been OK so far (only used them once wasn't perfect but wasn't horrible) but at only £35 per year is a bargain

I'll vouch for them with both hands. Using them for years. They're cheap and reliable. During years passed a lot of cars broken down on me - classics I've worked on as well as newer autos. Start rescue got me everything and always really quick. Don't know if they're as good as AA or RAC but for this price the service is amazing!
I would recommend Auto-Aid. Only called them out once but the service was faultless.
eslick07/06/2020 21:51

If you have family travel insurance as well, consider nationwide flex …If you have family travel insurance as well, consider nationwide flex account, £13 a month plus other benefits.

????
MarioMan08/06/2020 08:26

????

Just that if you have family travel insurance, breakdown cover you can get a Nationwide flex bank account for £13 a month, get a friend to refer you and get money back as well.

If you don’t have family travel insurance then it will not be worth your while.
Edited by: "eslick" 8th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text