Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Car Broken Still On Finance

Posted 25th Aug 2013
Hi All

Hope this makes sense, im after a bit of advice last june 2012 i bought a used car on finance from a ford dealer, within the 3 month warranty i had to take the car back to have some work done on the clutch which was all ok. Then 2 months after the warranty expired (Nov 12) when driving my car smoke started coming from the engine and a strange smell of curry. my brother took it to a garage to be looked at and there first response was it would cost around £100 - after looking into the car further they discovered something else and said the repair bill would be about £600 - he proceeded to do the repair but due to financial constraints was unable to retrieve the car from the garage. It is still there now!! 9 months later and the mechanic is getting annoyed and needs it gone but cash flow is very low.. Can you tell me if i have any rights with either the dealer or my finance company.

I am unsure at this moment what work has been carried out, i have just emailed my brother to find out for me and let me know i wil then update the thread.

Any help on this matter would be most appreciated

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
31 Comments
Post a comment