Car broker websites: new-car-discount.com gbcardeals.com

Posted 3rd Mar
Hello,
I'm thinking of buying a new car from one of the broker websites like new-car-discount.comgbcardeals.com since there has recently been a few deals posted on here, probably posted by themselves. Has anybody have any experience buying with these websites or any other websites? They seem to offer good discounts, but are they too good to be true? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I have ordered my car through drivethedeal, excellent experience, put deposit directly with the dealer and placed car order. I got 25% discount of list price.
Edited by: "senukas" 4th Mar
I've just collected my car that was ordered through Nationwide Cars Was cheaper for me than all the other brokers I checked.
Really happy with their service and the car was delivered to me by my local dealership.
cagan04/03/2020 10:07

I've just collected my car that was ordered through Nationwide Cars Was …I've just collected my car that was ordered through Nationwide Cars Was cheaper for me than all the other brokers I checked.Really happy with their service and the car was delivered to me by my local dealership.

I'm glad to hear some good stories from you guys. How did your process go? I contacted some of the online brokers and they wanted to take the deposit and will have to pay the remaining 24- 48 hours before delivery to them, not the dealer, which puts me off a bit. Also, did you get your V5 log book on the delivery day? There are some horror stories out there of brokers keeping log book for months and the car is registered to another company (thus the cut price) and you are the 2nd register etc. So how was it with you?
aigis061304/03/2020 10:18

I'm glad to hear some good stories from you guys. How did your process go? …I'm glad to hear some good stories from you guys. How did your process go? I contacted some of the online brokers and they wanted to take the deposit and will have to pay the remaining 24- 48 hours before delivery to them, not the dealer, which puts me off a bit. Also, did you get your V5 log book on the delivery day? There are some horror stories out there of brokers keeping log book for months and the car is registered to another company (thus the cut price) and you are the 2nd register etc. So how was it with you?

I paid a deposit to them when the order was placed (£500 if value under £20,000 or £1,000 if over). I did pay them the day before the car was delivered which I was a little apprehensive about, but there were no problems at all. The dealer gave me all the paperwork with the car and I was registered as the first owner. Car was already taxed, so just checked it over and signed the paperwork and it was all done. I'll buy from them again when I change my fathers car later this year.
senukas04/03/2020 01:56

I have ordered my car through drivethedeal, excellent experience, put …I have ordered my car through drivethedeal, excellent experience, put deposit directly with the dealer and placed car order. I got 25% discount of list price.

What set of wheels did you get?
Cagan, I was told that the car log book will be sent to us by DVLA as I would be the first register. How did you get this paper when they deliver to you? Also what other papers did you get to make sure that you are the first owner when they deliver? Thanks so much for replying I'm so nervous with online brokers but their deals are good though
TopTrump04/03/2020 11:11

What set of wheels did you get?

Passat R-Line

With drivethedeal you pay the deposit which goes to the dealer, they don't keep it. After this point ALL dealings are directly with the dealer. I chose my specs, was given approx delivery date. When the car arrived to UK I transferred balance to the dealer the day before collection. I went to pick up myself as they wanted £100 for delivery to my address (train ticket cost me £14). All paperwork including log book were given to me on collection, road tax etc all paid up so no hidden extras or other BS.
I would definitely use them again when time comes to change the car.
Edited by: "senukas" 4th Mar
senukas04/03/2020 11:49

Passat R-LineWith drivethedeal you pay the deposit which goes to the …Passat R-LineWith drivethedeal you pay the deposit which goes to the dealer, they don't keep it. After this point ALL dealings are directly with the dealer. I chose my specs, was given approx delivery date. When the car arrived to UK I transferred balance to the dealer the day before collection. I went to pick up myself as they wanted £100 for delivery to my address (train ticket cost me £14). All paperwork including log book were given to me on collection, road tax etc all paid up so no hidden extras or other BS.I would definitely use them again when time comes to change the car.

It's a new car and you have got log book on collection? I was told DVLA post new car logbooks out 4-6 weeks after a new car is registered so i'm a bit worried here. Without log book how do I know that the car is registered to my name on collection/delivery? Any advice please thank you all so much :x
Get a contract regarding the delivery date, with specified penalty clauses when they miss it. My new vehicle was delayed by about a month, and I lost money because of it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants