Car Buying websites

Has any one bought a new car online from the major sites like byacar... They seem to offfer good savings. Any personal recommendations (or warnings!) for sites would be appreciated. Alternatively do you think dealers will match online prices? Thinking of buying citroen c3 picasso. Thanks

3 Comments

I Was gonna post this also, i'm in the market for a new fiesta zetec s

The online deals seem really good

Be very careful with the car brokers. Negotiate the smallest deposit possible and pay it by credit card and do not pay the balance until the car is in your hands. You also need to make sure that you get the registration transfer documents when you get the car. Very often the cars are registered as fleet vehicles and this can pose problems. You should be OK with the car supermarkets (Motorpoint etc) and they are often cheaper than the brokers.

Unless the deal being offered by a broker is unbelievable, you'd probably be better off going to your local dealer and seeing if he'll match the price or, at least, get near to it.

Original Poster

Thanks for that - rep added. I think it may be safer to get quotes and see if my local dealer will match. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764010
    2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917251
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415314087
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386134

See more discussions