Expired

car camera

Found 15th Sep 2017
Hi
Does anyone know what is the easiest car camera to fit in my car, I need it to record at night as someone is doing my tyres and damaging my car. would really appreciate good advise please
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Are you sure you want an in-car camera? Even with a wide angle most will only pickup what is in front of your bonnet rather at the sides. Surely you want an outside CCTV camera covering your parking slot. If you do want it to go in the car, does your car provide power to the cigar socket when the ignition is off? If not you will need something with a very long battery life. Personally I use a Mobius which comes with a suction mount but not sure how good the night vision on that and it's battery wouldn't last.
I don't know what I need I just want to stop/catch the idiot that is doing my car. all four tyres were done this morning and I have only had car 4 weeks. Really need help. can't always park outside my house
Edited by: "yve67" 15th Sep 2017
yve671 h, 18 m ago

I don't know what I need I just want to stop/catch the idiot that is doing …I don't know what I need I just want to stop/catch the idiot that is doing my car. all four tyres were done this morning and I have only had car 4 weeks. Really need help. can't always park outside my house

so you say you cant park outside your house? where do you park? Does the damage happens when you park outside your house? did you consider that perhaps you may be blocking someone else drive?
And to answer your initial request, a dash cam will not help you detect who does the damage
not parking over a drive that would just be rude, it is park just up from my house not blocking anyone, the damage has only happened since I bought a new car
Nextbase 512g
snoopy181 h, 55 m ago

Nextbase 512g

If there is enough streetlighting around you could try using the Nextbase with one of the bigger Anker powerbanks such as the Anker PowerCore 20100. I've got this arrangement running just now to see how long it lasts. You can turn the screen off on the Nextbase so it could well last all night ??
You need a DDPai M6 plus Wi-Fi direct car DVR Full HD 1440P dashcam
Its on 24/7 after 5 mins it goes in to a sleep mode and takes 1 frame per sec un till it is woken up by sound or movent it can also stream to your phone in real time so you see what going on . we have two
Details :
  • High End: Ultra HD 1440P@25fps/H.264 encoder; Omnivision OV4689 4 megapixels CMOS Sensor; 6-glasses lens with 1 infrared filter; F1.8 large aperture (20% more light captured than F2.0); 140° wide angle (the biggest angle that keep 2-side images from distorting and blurring) ; Advanced U-blox GPS module; Patented magnetic mount;
  • Intelligent: Super nigh-vision; WDR; Auto loop recording; G-Sensor (Sensitivity adjustable) for auto detection & collision latch; Parking monitor time lapse optional (1 frame/1 second) can significantly prolong recording time (an extra micro USB hardwire kit needed); Digital image stablization; 3D denoising; LDC Geometric correction; Demist; Image adjusting;
  • Easy-To-Use: Remote snapshot button to capture picture/10S video conveniently; Beautify, edit, directly share to social networks; Dual USB 2.1A car charger leaves one port can charge another mobile device rapidly; Dashcam easily detachable from magnetic holder (can record 3 minutes without external power); Continuously improved firmware by auto update;
  • 99 ukp on Amazon here
Edited by: "iscom" 15th Sep 2017
RxTx3 h, 55 m ago

If there is enough streetlighting around you could try using the Nextbase …If there is enough streetlighting around you could try using the Nextbase with one of the bigger Anker powerbanks such as the Anker PowerCore 20100. I've got this arrangement running just now to see how long it lasts. You can turn the screen off on the Nextbase so it could well last all night ??

I am not sure I thought you could hardwire it in and the sensor motion would do the rest?
sleep in your car with a baseball bat
You don;t have to buy and fit hard wire kit you can buy a OB-11 cable & plug with a micro usb which you plug into the OB-11 ( Diagostic socket) your car, you can buy one with a switch that you can turn it off they cost a fews pounds on the bay but as the DDpai camera is so small and easy to remove with its from magnetic holder you could buy on without a switch ( same could appy to any dash camera) - hope this is helpful
Edited by: "iscom" 16th Sep 2017
I'd hide in the car and jump out when hear damage being done grab them and sit on them until police arrive. They won't be doing it again lol...

But seriously dash cam best for driving but you could try one I use nextbase smallest one 101 I think they just updated it as you can turn off the screen so dark and if they are doing all tyres tgen face it to cover one side and your probably catch them.
The playback is good and images nice and clear.

Hope it stops
Good luck
I'd sell the car and save up for a detached house with secure driveway / garage.
Thanks everyone, I have got a company in to install one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants