Found 31st Mar 2009
Just in need of a bit of quick advice. Which is better and safer, using your original charger and an adapter to go into your cigarette lighter or a direct cigarette lighter to your laptop.

Check post 2 the ones i'm thinking:

3 Comments

Personally I use an inverter and use my home charger. I do have a 12v one to plug in the cigarette lighter socket. Because it isn't an acer approved charger the laptop shuts down the only way it would work was if I kept the battery in. As I used it alot in the car/van this ruined the battery.Or I could have bought the overpriced Acer 12v charger.
Here's a small Maplin unit
maplin.co.uk/Mod…810

Original Poster

radiocde;4788481

Personally I use an inverter and use my home charger. I do have a 12v one … Personally I use an inverter and use my home charger. I do have a 12v one to plug in the cigarette lighter socket. Because it isn't an acer approved charger the laptop shuts down the only way it would work was if I kept the battery in. As I used it alot in the car/van this ruined the battery.Or I could have bought the overpriced Acer 12v charger. Here's a small Maplin unithttp://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=218810

Cheers for the reply. I'm thinking if i get a car charger i have another charger as well as the original. Mmmmmmm...............
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games1116
    2. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1627
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7901481
    4. Which wall design do you like best?1423

See more discussions