Car Code Reader.

Posted 2nd May
I have a 2006 Ford C Max. Can anyone recommend a code reader that doesn't cost mega bucks and can reset the computer if needed. I prefer not to have to get it from fleabay or china.
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
I'd try amazon, at least if it doesn't work you can send it back for free. I have an old bluetooth one, but if you don't want to faff about with an app then try something like this

amazon.co.uk/LAU…h=1
If you're got a laptop I'd advise you use this here along for Forscan which you can download from here

It's dealer level diagnostics and will work great with your car.

Or you could use this with Forscan on other devices like your phone, tablet etc.. which you can also download from here

I don't have any experience with the wireless version etc..

You do have to buy a license for some of the extended features but that's for things like key programming etc.. I think you have to pay for Android/iOS version but it'll be worth it for the more advanced features you get in comparison to basic generic OBD devices which will only read certain codes etc..
Edited by: ".MUFC." 2nd May
.MUFC.02/05/2020 13:36

If you're got a laptop I'd advise you use this here along for Forscan …If you're got a laptop I'd advise you use this here along for Forscan which you can download from hereIt's dealer level diagnostics and will work great with your car.Or you could use this with Forscan on other devices like your phone, tablet etc.. which you can also download from hereI don't have any experience with the wireless version etc..You do have to buy a license for some of the extended features but that's for things like key programming etc.. I think you have to pay for Android/iOS version but it'll be worth it for the more advanced features you get in comparison to basic generic OBD devices which will only read certain codes etc..

Thank you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions