Groups
    EXPIRED

car crash advice

I had a accident on friday, not sure can I claim from one of those no win no fee places.

3 cars collision including myself, the front car did a emergency stop to avoid someone cutting in.
    a van then crashed into him, and I crashed into a van.

so far it seems like the front car is claiming from the van, and the van is claming from me.

is there anything I can claim for? injury wise as I have had back and neck problems

22 Comments

nope, if you went into the rear of a vehicle its your own fault, for being too close, nuff said.

Banned

No, you are at fault for the damage to the rear of the vehicle in front. You cannot claim from any other party.

When travelling behind another vehicle it is your responsibility to maintain a safe braking distance at all times. You cannot claim for injury as you are not able to claim against another party and your own insurance will not cover you for an injury claim.

Sorry!

Original Poster

thats what I thought, but thought id ask.
    thanks anyway

you are at fault you really should have kept enough distance between you and the car in front.

No but if you had a passenger and they were injured they could probably put in a claim against you.....

as above, when behind duty and onus is on you to leave a nice large, highway-code-gap to ensure that doesn't happen

Three second rule

Banned

Why don't we all post the same bit of information over and over again?

Banned

tonyg1962

Three second rule

I thought that was only for when you drop food on the ground

DJ1

Why don't we all post the same bit of information over and over again?

Nope - your at fault i'm afraid - you havn't kept a safe distance and/or havn't reacted in time. Only yourself to blame unfortunately.

tonyg1962

Three second rule

The 3 second rule is for dropped food - in driving it's the 2 second rule:
    en.wikipedia.org/wik…ule

DJ1

No, you are at fault for the damage to the rear of the vehicle in front. … No, you are at fault for the damage to the rear of the vehicle in front. You cannot claim from any other party.When travelling behind another vehicle it is your responsibility to maintain a safe braking distance at all times. ..........!

Yep, you've always got to leave enough room for some burke to cut in between you and the car in front

Supermod

...only a fool breaks the two second rule...

if you think it was staged.. raise that issue.. its usually the case, pulling in infront of a van and slamming on. causing the van to collide into the rear of that car.
    say you've got concerns and think it was possibly staged causing you to collide into the rear of the van. that way IF there is a dispute then the onus of the van will be put onto the initial first car, which you MIGHT be able to claim from.

Banned

red_one

if you think it was staged.. raise that issue.. its usually the case, … if you think it was staged.. raise that issue.. its usually the case, pulling in infront of a van and slamming on. causing the van to collide into the rear of that car. say you've got concerns and think it was possibly staged causing you to collide into the rear of the van. that way IF there is a dispute then the onus of the van will be put onto the initial first car, which you MIGHT be able to claim from.

Even if it was staged the OP still shouldn't have hit the van as staged or not the op wasn't the correct braking distance behind the van or else they wouldn't have hit it

Spod

The 3 second rule is for dropped food - in driving it's the 2 second … The 3 second rule is for dropped food - in driving it's the 2 second rule:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-second_rule

I think in terms of food, 5 seconds is the correct rule.

OP, im afraid you are screwed. Learn from it.

Unreal...

I know the phrase is 'where there's blame there's a claim' but it doesn't apply when you made an **** of it!X)

Bloody money scroungers do my head in.

moob

Unreal...I know the phrase is 'where there's blame there's a claim' but … Unreal...I know the phrase is 'where there's blame there's a claim' but it doesn't apply when you made an **** of it!X)Bloody money scroungers do my head in.

Yeah -- Its people like that which put the premiums up!!! Free loaders!!

Maybe the person you went into could try to claim from you?

Banned

RickT

Yeah -- Its people like that which put the premiums up!!! Free loaders!!

ear ,i could ave you for that ....slander that is ,worth at least a grand!

RFC

ear ,i could ave you for that ....slander that is ,worth at least a grand!

Not when its not directed at anyone.... as its just a statement...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions