Expired

Car demister in honda jazz 05

Found 16th Oct 2017
Hey im a bit poverty at driving so still learning.

When i need to demist my windows, I put the fan speed to max, heat to hottest and select the front/rear-screen direction button. Is this the correct procedure? I’ve been doing this and it tends to do nothing at all. Sometimes makes it worse. I don’t believe theres anything full of moist still in the car. Any help, thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Make sure you have it set to fresh air rather than recirculated as well.
If it is the Sport model also put on the Air Conditioning.

If you are having mist problems in this weather then you perhaps need to investigate the cause of all this moisture and also give the car a good drying out. If you have recently got in the car with very wet clothing then this could be the cause - otherwise check you have nothing else out of order - no leaking containers in the boot, no leaks through windows seals etc.

To dry the car out, on a dry day run it with the heater on max for a while and then open all of the windows when travelling at speed to change the air and then repeat a few times. The moisture will be in the seat fabrics etc so you need to repeat several times to dry the inside out as much as possible before we get colder weather.

Also consider buying a "car dehumidifier" - something like this.... ebay.co.uk/itm…uqE
If the inside of the car is basically dry and then when you put the demister on the correct setting it makes the screen worse, it could be that the heater matrix has gone (leaking water) and you're effectively just blowing water vapor at the windscreen.
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 16th Oct 2017
wind your windows down too as your breath is full of water vapour
Van19736 h, 47 m ago

If it is the Sport model also put on the Air Conditioning.If you are …If it is the Sport model also put on the Air Conditioning.If you are having mist problems in this weather then you perhaps need to investigate the cause of all this moisture and also give the car a good drying out. If you have recently got in the car with very wet clothing then this could be the cause - otherwise check you have nothing else out of order - no leaking containers in the boot, no leaks through windows seals etc.To dry the car out, on a dry day run it with the heater on max for a while and then open all of the windows when travelling at speed to change the air and then repeat a few times. The moisture will be in the seat fabrics etc so you need to repeat several times to dry the inside out as much as possible before we get colder weather. Also consider buying a "car dehumidifier" - something like this.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PINGI-CAR-HOME-DEHUMIDIFIER-LARGE-DRY-BAG-MOISTURE-KILLER-ABSORBER-PAD-REUSABLE-/112153869359?epid=1243418324&hash=item1a1ce43c2f:g:AREAAOSw8gVX7uqE

i had the air on circular than on fresh air like an idiot. It works decent now. It's not a sport model but what does putting the AC on do?
ukting18 m ago

i had the air on circular than on fresh air like an idiot. It works decent …i had the air on circular than on fresh air like an idiot. It works decent now. It's not a sport model but what does putting the AC on do?

Air conditioning would condense any moisture in the air - reducing the humidity. Any condensed water is drained from car.
Van19732 h, 39 m ago

Air conditioning would condense any moisture in the air - reducing the …Air conditioning would condense any moisture in the air - reducing the humidity. Any condensed water is drained from car.

When im not using the car on a dry day is it fine to just leave windows down
Assuming the car is not damp or leaking it is probably in need of a new pollen filter. Do you get condensation forming if you have the windows closed on a sunny day? That would indicate a leak somewhere.
paul123edwards1 h, 11 m ago

Assuming the car is not damp or leaking it is probably in need of a new …Assuming the car is not damp or leaking it is probably in need of a new pollen filter. Do you get condensation forming if you have the windows closed on a sunny day? That would indicate a leak somewhere.

Well i always leave windows closed. One thing i think is the reason is that I was cleaning the windows inside and didn’t let it dry up properly
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants