Groups
    EXPIRED

car finance and HPI

need a bit of help with this

travelled three hours to a car last week that i liked.

made the seller a firm bid

seller accepted but admitted he had finance on car, but had paid off outstanding finace on car the day i went to see the car.

said to seller il be doing HPI seller advised that not to do an immediate HPI and give it time to let finance clear.

finacial company called today to say finance had been paid off, but that it wont show on HPI for days

bloke is pushing for sale, im holding back till HPI shows all clear (could be 3-4 weeks)

any thoughts, experience and comments???

7 Comments

Can you ask the financial company to confirm in writing that the finance has been paid off?
    I'd still probably wait for the HPI to clear though tbh.

yeah I agree, cant be too cautious these days, you hear so much bad luck cos people push you into a sale. why is he pushing for sale anyway?
    But if the finance company can confirm in writing, which shouldnt be too hard for them, all the better. Good luck!

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Can you ask the financial company to confirm in writing that the finance … Can you ask the financial company to confirm in writing that the finance has been paid off?I'd still probably wait for the HPI to clear though tbh.

yes financial company can confirm, my fear is though what if he refinaced with someone else?
    sorry - im really thick with regards to financial, debts, products and services

(sorry but was born and raised in a household where if you didnt have the money-you couldnt buy- end of!)
    thats why i like the hpi thing-peace of mind

Well in that case you have to be careful, if they can confirm fine, if he is pushing you though, thats not good. However, you are in a good position, so dont worry, wait for the all clear and then go ahead, if he sells to someone else then it wasnt meant to be. Sorry! might not be what you want to hear, but better to be safe than sorry.

Original Poster

bernyrabbit

Well in that case you have to be careful, if they can confirm fine, if he … Well in that case you have to be careful, if they can confirm fine, if he is pushing you though, thats not good. However, you are in a good position, so dont worry, wait for the all clear and then go ahead, if he sells to someone else then it wasnt meant to be. Sorry! might not be what you want to hear, but better to be safe than sorry.

exactly my line of thinking - best be safe

Banned

HPI checks come with insurance if they are wrong they will refund you the price of your purchase
    Get written/emailed/faxed proof that that the car had been paid off
    HPI the car again if it just shows the old finance deal your ok
    The seller is prob pushing for a sale cause he has another car in the wings & another person is waiting for the money

it's illegal to sell a car with finance on it - don't get yourself into bother and hold out.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31141
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246

See more discussions