Car finance & covid 19

Posted 12th Apr
My car finance is due for this month but I can’t afford it because I wasn’t able to work because of covid 19.
If I call them and explain the situation will they be understanding? Or will they demand the payment ?
Will it affect my credit score?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Maybe a bad idea to get the Mercedes AMG for £400 a month now
13 Comments
OK the government approved a system for banks to allow 3 month holiday on loans and credit cards and nearly every bank has signed up to it , as well as the mortgage holiday. It means no marks against your credit score and no missed payments.
They mentioned maybe extending it to finance too .
Ring them most actually are giving people a payment holiday. Some are just scum and totally ignoring the government and they are the ones that need outing with bad publicity.
Edited by: "yozzman1234" 12th Apr
I’m with Blackhorse and I did a payment holiday on the website... and they review it each month, just expect interest to be added at the end that’s all...
You can apply for a payment holiday...if the company you use haven’t set it up yet...all car financing...catalogues...store cards have to make this effective for customers by the 14th April and it doesn’t effect your credit rating(y)
ashmac12/04/2020 08:49

do you know that's the situation or are you just being provokingly unhelpful?

Must be a pretty bad Merc AMG @ £400 pm
Chill out guys, we all have or been in difficult situations we could/couldn't avoid.

Ere bruv wht u sayin, I need mi sik wheels evn if I cant afford it yeh.
Pipey8412/04/2020 08:36

I’m with Blackhorse and I did a payment holiday on the website... and they …I’m with Blackhorse and I did a payment holiday on the website... and they review it each month, just expect interest to be added at the end that’s all...

Interest cannot be added at the end. Your contract may take an extra 3 payments but no interest and no bad credit score can happen
Deleted_12/04/2020 19:59

Interest cannot be added at the end. Your contract may take an extra 3 …Interest cannot be added at the end. Your contract may take an extra 3 payments but no interest and no bad credit score can happen

I’ve had a letter to say that for every month I take a payment holiday £35 odd interest will be added that I will have to pay at the end of my loan agreement
Pipey8412/04/2020 20:01

I’ve had a letter to say that for every month I take a payment holiday £35 …I’ve had a letter to say that for every month I take a payment holiday £35 odd interest will be added that I will have to pay at the end of my loan agreement

This was an email off my car finance company. Also spoke to them on the phone

40394129-DLA3U.jpg
Deleted_12/04/2020 21:12

This was an email off my car finance company. Also spoke to them on the …This was an email off my car finance company. Also spoke to them on the phone [Image]

That’s good for you then, I’m with Blackhorse finance and there adding interest on there holiday payments which is just rubbish
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions