Car Finance - Vauxhall PCP Deal

Good Morning All,

Wanting abit of help/advice/tips please regarding car finance.

Im really interested in looking at getting a Vauxhall Mokka ( i know there not everyones cuppa tea, but its what we want), for the first time i've been looking at the PCP / Vauxhall finance deals they do - its basically where you pay a set amount each month, agree how many miles you will do each year, then generally after 3 years they have a pre-agreed car value worth and you can then look at changing the car or buying it outright or even hand it back if you wish.

Can anyone offer advice on how to achieve the best deal ??

Personally i would like to offer as low deposit as possible and would rather pay slightly more each month (as effectively the deposit money you hand over is dead money).

Also am i being realistic in hoping i might be able to get a monthly price of around £170 per month with a small deposit ??

All advice welcome - ps for all the Vauxhall haters im just wanting finance advice!

10 Comments

i know u dont want to hear it, but i urge you to reconsider. ive driven one of our company ones and with only 25k on the clock its showing engine issue, electrical issues and the trim already showing wear. yes with a pcp deal you will be always under warranty...but is it worth the hassle?

The deposit you pay is not dead money. Ultimately, a bigger deposit will help to reduce the total interest you have to pay. You can increase your monthly payments by increasing your estimated annual mileage. This will also help to reduce the total interest you pay.

Vauxhall Mokka Diesel Hatchback 1.6 CDTi ecoFLEX Exclusiv 5dr
36 months (6+35) 10,000mpa - £1,512.00 deposit £252.00 (Inc VAT) pm PCH looks to be about average for leasing.

A Kia Sportage would probably fit into your budget.
I know you asked about PCP, but PCH is a similar alternative.

Edited by: "cootuk2" 3rd Oct 2016

Original Poster

cootuk2

Vauxhall Mokka Diesel Hatchback 1.6 CDTi ecoFLEX Exclusiv 5dr36 months … Vauxhall Mokka Diesel Hatchback 1.6 CDTi ecoFLEX Exclusiv 5dr36 months (6+35) 10,000mpa - £1,512.00 deposit £252.00 (Inc VAT) pm PCH looks to be about average for leasing.A Kia Sportage would probably fit into your budget.I know you asked about PCP, but PCH is a similar alternative.

Wow - i honestly didnt expect monthly payments to be around £250+ for a Mokka, i was sure i had seen some offers around the £200 mark online and i was hoping if i went into the showroom there might be some flexibility to get this figure down.
I may very well look at the Kia range then if their prices are more around the £170 mark.

nick1981

Wow - i honestly didnt expect monthly payments to be around £250+ for a … Wow - i honestly didnt expect monthly payments to be around £250+ for a Mokka, i was sure i had seen some offers around the £200 mark online and i was hoping if i went into the showroom there might be some flexibility to get this figure down.I may very well look at the Kia range then if their prices are more around the £170 mark.

Id imagine the £200 ones you have seen have several thousand pounds deposit. I don't know how they get away with advertising them as such. Brand NEW Bentley only £50 Per MONTH!! (small print - with a 100k deposit..)

For a pcp maybe something like this (not sure the mileage)
£199/month £199 deposit over 48 months. with the optional end balloon payment
walkersmotorgroup.co.uk/off…siv

or

£189/ month £399 deposit 5K miles/ annum with the optional balloon payment
lookers.co.uk/vau…rs/

Not saying these are good deals but they seem to be closer to your budget. Incidentally i'd never have a vauxhall again, counting down the days til mine is gone! its 22 btw

Those are knocking £££ off assuming you have a part exchange to throw at them.
"...*Price includes Vauxhall Partners, £500 Vauxhall Swappage allowance and exclusive Web Voucher..."

Original Poster

shepademus

For a pcp maybe something like this (not sure the mileage) £199/month … For a pcp maybe something like this (not sure the mileage) £199/month £199 deposit over 48 months. with the optional end balloon paymenthttp://www.walkersmotorgroup.co.uk/offers/new-car/new-vauxhall-mokka-16-cdti-exclusivor £189/ month £399 deposit 5K miles/ annum with the optional balloon paymenthttp://www.lookers.co.uk/vauxhall/new-car-offers/new-vauxhall-mokka-offers/Not saying these are good deals but they seem to be closer to your budget. Incidentally i'd never have a vauxhall again, counting down the days til mine is gone! its 22 btw

shepademus

For a pcp maybe something like this (not sure the mileage) £199/month … For a pcp maybe something like this (not sure the mileage) £199/month £199 deposit over 48 months. with the optional end balloon paymenthttp://www.walkersmotorgroup.co.uk/offers/new-car/new-vauxhall-mokka-16-cdti-exclusivor £189/ month £399 deposit 5K miles/ annum with the optional balloon paymenthttp://www.lookers.co.uk/vauxhall/new-car-offers/new-vauxhall-mokka-offers/Not saying these are good deals but they seem to be closer to your budget. Incidentally i'd never have a vauxhall again, counting down the days til mine is gone! its 22 btw

Thanks for these links.... the first one looks ok however the second one is crazy £189 a month but you can only drive it 5,000 miles in a year??...... surely 95% of motorists drive more than 5,000 miles per year, it would probably have to be stood on the drive for half of the year to keep to the 5,000 miles agreement?

If you are financing a car this way you may be better just looking at a lease deal.

You could get a low mileage deal, then pay the excess of approx 9p/mile
5000mpa excess mileage would be about £450, so an extra £38pm to budget.
It's all in the small print how the cheaper deals can add up

With a 4year PCP then in year 4 it's out of warranty and you will stump up any repairs and MOT costs yourself.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Where can you buy cheap Iphone 7 Plus 128gb from?22
    2. Just got Kodi now what?1125
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?11
    4. Iptv33

See more discussions