Groups

Car frost protector

Hi does anyone know where I can get a cheap car frost protector from please? I could do with one that covers front, back and side windows. Thanks

29 Comments

that covers all of the car would do me lol

irishbaby

​Thats called a garage

farmeruk1

​Thats called a garage

that made me LOL

I buy the cheap plastic table cloths from pound stretcher for my front and back windows. Does the trick for £1.

I just chuck water on it in the morning. It's quicker then arsing around with a cover. And if anyone says 'you'll crack the windscreen', I've been doing it since I started driving in 91 without a problem.

craigstephens

I just chuck water on it in the morning. It's quicker then arsing around … I just chuck water on it in the morning. It's quicker then arsing around with a cover. And if anyone says 'you'll crack the windscreen', I've been doing it since I started driving in 91 without a problem.

You'll crack the windscreen.

either aldi or lidl did one last year.

I found some -18 screenwash. Works brilliant as de-icer and as for wrecking the wipers. It hasn't yet.

craigstephens

I just chuck water on it in the morning. It's quicker then arsing around … I just chuck water on it in the morning. It's quicker then arsing around with a cover. And if anyone says 'you'll crack the windscreen', I've been doing it since I started driving in 91 without a problem.

+1

craigstephens

​I do this as well, been doing it for 20 years. Not boiling but warm to hot.

warm water for frozen windscreens only , I saw someone once throw a bucket of hot water onto a frozen winscreen , the glass exploded instantly

Original Poster

irishbaby

Exactly!:D

Original Poster

farmeruk1

​Thats called a garage

Chance would be a fine thing. I had one of these once ( a cover, not a garage). It used hooks to fix to the wheel arches and covered all windows. It's been stored SAFELY (can't find it anywhere) Thanks though....... I think!
    Edited by: "shywallflower" 3rd Jan

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

£8.20+ … £8.20+ http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=maypole+top+cover+-9890+-socket&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Thank you, I'd searched ebay and missed this, thanks

Original Poster

mishmassey

I buy the cheap plastic table cloths from pound stretcher for my front … I buy the cheap plastic table cloths from pound stretcher for my front and back windows. Does the trick for £1.

Good idea! That's certainly a possibility, thanks

Original Poster

craigstephens

I know loads of people who do this but knowing my luck....... There's nothing better than running around all four wheel arches to try to catch the end of the cover before it blows off before you've managed to secure the other side whilst freezing your bits of in the pitch black ( am I selling it to you?)

Original Poster

chimp14uk

You'll crack the windscreen.

You rebel you!

Original Poster

jonnithomas

either aldi or lidl did one last year.

Ok I'll see if they have any left, thank you

Original Poster

barrel24

I found some -18 screenwash. Works brilliant as de-icer and as for … I found some -18 screenwash. Works brilliant as de-icer and as for wrecking the wipers. It hasn't yet.

Didn't even know this existed. Thanks I'll look into that too

Aldi in Ely had some the week before Christmas.

Original Poster

nannafish

Aldi in Ely had some the week before Christmas.

Thank you so much:D

It's an urban myth you.ll crack the windscreen
    Unless;
    A, your a plonker,
    B, you already have a chip or crack in the windscreen
    C you boil the kettle and pour it over said cracked windscreen.

Use a 2L pop or milk bottle and fill it up from the warm tap, no mess and no harmfull aerosol de-icer

whatyadoinsucka

It's an urban myth you.ll crack the windscreenUnless;A, your a plonker,B, … It's an urban myth you.ll crack the windscreenUnless;A, your a plonker,B, you already have a chip or crack in the windscreenC you boil the kettle and pour it over said cracked windscreen.Use a 2L pop or milk bottle and fill it up from the warm tap, no mess and no harmfull aerosol de-icer

​Exactly. I love watching people spending ages scraping and spraying, then I just lob some warm water on and I'm away in seconds. I just don't get why more people don't do it.

craigstephens

​Exactly. I love watching people spending ages scraping and spraying, t … ​Exactly. I love watching people spending ages scraping and spraying, then I just lob some warm water on and I'm away in seconds. I just don't get why more people don't do it.

me too. when I urinate on mine !!! you should see their faces lol

jonnithomas

me too. when I urinate on mine !!! you should see their faces lol

​Id have to stand on the car roof do that nowadays. Should really get my prostate checked.

pmsl...

shywallflower

Didn't even know this existed. Thanks I'll look into that too

Surely Your wipers will be frozen to the windscreen when you put the screenwash on though hence damaging the electrics

buy some pre icer. its brilliant. spray it on over night and morning will clean like normal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions