Groups

car fuses

anyone know whether a peugeot 207 would take a normal blade fuse or mini blade fuse

15 Comments

open the fuse cover and take a look

Original Poster

i have. i was wanting to order off halfords website and there are normal ones and mini ones. was hoping someone might know

miniblade.

Also is it the screenwash fuse that's gone?

Original Poster

yeah it is

It's a pretty common 'fault' especially in these conditions. Defo miniblade though..

Hopefully it saved your motor

Original Poster

yeah i had been reading up on it, cheers m8. unfortunately every halfords near me doesnt have any left. you wouldnt know anywhere that would do them??

poundland do them

mcfallg;7499246

yeah i had been reading up on it, cheers m8. unfortunately every halfords … yeah i had been reading up on it, cheers m8. unfortunately every halfords near me doesnt have any left. you wouldnt know anywhere that would do them??

try your local garage, they should hold stock of them.

All the cars I've mot'd this week have had all thier washer bottles frozen :x

wickedteen;7499262

poundland do them

They're not miniblade one I don't think (well the ones I saw wern't)
    As above try a local motorfactor or garage.

If you have to get by without screenwash for a day or so but need your window clean best to pour some hot/warm (not boiling) water on the screen and get the wipers on straight away before it has a change to freeze.

Original Poster

yeah, mine have been frozen for the last 3 weeks or so. I could always hear the motor but no water would come through. But last few days there has been no noise at all. I switched one of fuses over and it worked a treat so will need to get one. thanks for your help guys

try putting a tiny amount of antifreeze in the washer bottle, always works

mcfallg;7499370

yeah, mine have been frozen for the last 3 weeks or so. I could always … yeah, mine have been frozen for the last 3 weeks or so. I could always hear the motor but no water would come through. But last few days there has been no noise at all. I switched one of fuses over and it worked a treat so will need to get one. thanks for your help guys

Next time, be very careful with it - if you can hear it but no water is coming through then immediately stop using it and wait a while until you think it will have thawed, the motor may damage itself. At some point you went to turn it on and the motor was frozen and it melted the fuse to protect the motor - at this point you should also have left it for a while in the hope that the motor will thaw out and work again. If you keep trying to use it then you are forcing something which doesn't want to be forced.

Also get yourself some good screenwash.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29213630
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25101
      3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE186925
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764429

See more discussions