Car Help!

Merc CLK vs
    Audi A3 S-line vs
    Golf GT TDI vs
    BMW 1 Series vs
    Toyota Auris vs
    Volvo C30 vs
    Vaux Insignia

Which would you buy and what spec (budget is around £12k)

17 Comments

I take it you're not talking about a new car then...

Some rather odd mixtures of cars there.

Out of those and not knowing what you use your car for - i.e. mileage etc - I'd pick the Audi

GT TDI everytime.. but that's just me

clk for me!!!

BMW ugly
    Toyota boring
    Volvo old man
    Merc overpriced
    Audi same
    vaux insigna better off buying a mondeo

GOLF TDi for me,, the vw diesels are a great drive with power and economy,no the greatest too look at but ageless design and hold value well.

Audi/VW - Diesel

The A3 S-Line, then the Golf (Same engine), and although they may start of the more expensive when it comes time to sell you will not loose as much as the others

Diesel + remapp = win

BMW = arrogant
    Golf = wanna be BMW
    Merc CLK = very nice
    Vaux Insignia = mmmm very nice head turning vehicle.
    Thumbs down to the rest too ;o)

Just reading your list, the car which is the odd one out is the Vaux Insignia, as thats the next size class up.

BMW 1 seriers are nice if you pick the right engine, other options for the MK5 Golf with the BKD 2.0TDI engine

What sort of mileage do you do a year ??

Do you have a family to transport around ??

How old are you ?? (for insurance)

Petrol or Diesel ??

Rick

VW Golf.

or don't you like the SEAT Leons?

Original Poster

Thanks all!

Definately has to be diesel. No Family so dont need a big car. i'm 24 so insurance has to be reasonalble, i've only got 2 years NCB. roughtly 15k per year.

i know the insignia is the odd one out but its the smaller end of the medium sized cars! i think the superbright lights have attracted me to it.

Original Poster

for some reason i just dont like the interior of the SEAT's.

the CLK is the most unique one from the list i think... i've always leaned towards the german engineered cars so i think Toyota is probably out of the race (but the vaux is half german! lol)

Banned

alfa gt , nice looking car

With the miles you do, I wouldn't bother with diesel, esp is the car you choose comes with a DPF.

Hit the pistonheads site and search using your budget, that should throw up the usual suspects and a few oddball choices.

Banned

Gt tdi all the way

I would agree with the VW GT TDI Golf, Its a great car,
    Have a look on pistonheads, I like this one Here

audirob

I would agree with the VW GT TDI Golf, Its a great car, Have a look on … I would agree with the VW GT TDI Golf, Its a great car, Have a look on pistonheads, I like this one Here

Not bad........ but lacks digital climate control, which i think is a must on the GT spec, it just sets off the centre console and is a lot better than the climatic.

Rick

dipteshr

i know the insignia is the odd one out but its the smaller end of the … i know the insignia is the odd one out but its the smaller end of the medium sized cars! i think the superbright lights have attracted me to it.

Its only the latest ones which have the DRLS.

The Insigna is not a bad car, however you have to get the right engine and spec as a lot of them feel very underpowered and dull.

I had a SXI 2.0 diesel for 4 weeks (hire car) (one of the 160bhps) which was fully loaded with extras, it was an ok car in that spec but get out test driving and see what you like...

quizmaniac

BMW uglyToyota boringVolvo old manMerc overpricedAudi samevaux insigna … BMW uglyToyota boringVolvo old manMerc overpricedAudi samevaux insigna better off buying a mondeoGOLF TDi for me,, the vw diesels are a great drive with power and economy,no the greatest too look at but ageless design and hold value well.

Spot on.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions