car hire excess protection - what are some good options?

Posted 15th Nov
Booking a trip for a week and renting a car with friends. I have heard you can get car hire excess for a reasonable amount and its much cheaper then going through the car rental company. Can anyone suggest any companies?

car hire, car insurance, excess, travel, holiday (just adding words for searches)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Lots around, I’ve used Icarinsurance before and heard of others using direct-carexcess.co.uk/home.

I’ve never made a claim though.
I usually just go with car hire companies with zero excess as they then have no incentive to find any faults so saves any phaffing about. Where are you travelling to?
chocci15/11/2019 11:02

I usually just go with car hire companies with zero excess as they then …I usually just go with car hire companies with zero excess as they then have no incentive to find any faults so saves any phaffing about. Where are you travelling to?

Not a bad way of doing it. I always compare that option against going alone. Done both never had to claim though so far.
Have used insurance 4hirecar.com several times and found them cheap ( around £4 for one days cover) Paid out promptly and in full when I had to make a claim for a chipped windscreen.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions