Car hire from UK to Europe

4 replies
Found 10th Jul
Anyone know of a decent car hire option for doing a driving trip with family from UK to Europe over 2 weeks or so. Something like an economical saloon would be perfect. Would start the hire in UK and return the car back in UK.

4 Comments

The only thing I can recommend is not to take out the excess cover with the hire company but instead take it out with a 3rd party insurer. We used Quester but there are others . It will save you a pretty sum.
Also take photos and video of the car before you drive it away . They will often try blaming you for scratches that are already there.
Here is a link with discount codes plus other useful info via MSE.
moneysavingexpert.com/tra…ire

Original Poster

rhinopaul

The only thing I can recommend is not to take out the excess cover with … The only thing I can recommend is not to take out the excess cover with the hire company but instead take it out with a 3rd party insurer. We used Quester but there are others . It will save you a pretty sum.Also take photos and video of the car before you drive it away . They will often try blaming you for scratches that are already there.Here is a link with discount codes plus other useful info via MSE. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-car-hire

Thanks but doesn't most of the car hire companies restrict taking car out of UK ? I could be wrong.

twisterteddy

Thanks but doesn't most of the car hire companies restrict taking car out … Thanks but doesn't most of the car hire companies restrict taking car out of UK ? I could be wrong.

Usually you have to take out their break down cover etc and obviously inform them of your intended destinations but I'm not sure if its compulsory to take out their own fully comp excess cover.

You can take the car outside the uk but it's very expensive as they charge a lot of extra for it also just be aware if you don't take out the extra insurance cover with the hire company they will want over 1200 pound deposit minimum off your credit card they won't accept debit or cash
If the car returned damaged they keep this deposit and may take you months get it back off your insurance company
Good point made take loads of pictures of car with date time and location stamped on them
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades89
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    3. Whey protien629
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions