Car Hire Malaga Airport - Help!!!!!!!

Found 15th Jan 2012
Hi Hope it's ok to ask here but does anyone have any tips regarding hiring a car from Malaga airport? I've been reading loads of reviews for different companies and it just seems like a minefield!
Community Updates
MiscCarCar Hire
29 Comments
One thing i will say is you queue ages to get your vehicle at Malaga airport irrespective of time of year. Have picked up cars from there 5 or 6 times & quickest in queue was about an hour. I usually go through travelsupermarket to check for best price then quidco if relevant
look no further than

www.carjet.co.uk
Think we used hertz but it was a few years ago we had no probs
http://www.malagacar.com/uk/car/car-hire-malaga-airport-rates.html

We have used this firm and they are excellent. Clean, nice car and very quick service and also very cheap. They pick you up from the airport and drive you across the road (about 3 mins drive) and take you to the car straight away. Returning is just as easy - drop it off and a guy drives you striaght away to depatrues. No waiting in queues.

Take out car hire insurance before you go to save paying for extra cover that all the firms try to sell you from insurance4carhire.com/
pinkleponkle

look no further thanhttp://www.carjet.co.uk

Can confirm this company are great to deal with ,i have used them many times with no probs ever
Watch out for the maniacs, They can't drive very well over there, The wrong side of the road too..!!!
Try doyouspain.com - used them a couple of times before and always were the cheapest with no hidden extras for me
Edited by: "cosmicdav3" 16th Jan 2012
hey, im in the same boat! holiday autos have 30% off today..will be posting a query regd that in a mo
cosmicdav3

Try http://www.doyouspain.com - used them a couple of times before and … Try http://www.doyouspain.com - used them a couple of times before and always were the cheapest with no hidden extras for me

blimey, have read recent reviews which all seem quite terrible(!) .... that's one of my list.

op, you made the pplunge and booked yet?
Original Poster
samwants2save

blimey, have read recent reviews which all seem quite terrible(!) .... … blimey, have read recent reviews which all seem quite terrible(!) .... that's one of my list.op, you made the pplunge and booked yet?

Not yet but think its going to be malagacar.com. Ive spent a bit of time reading reviews and this one looks ok (thanks patience).

Edited by: "LJM" 16th Jan 2012
LJM

Not yet but think its going to be malagacar.com. Ive spent a bit of time … Not yet but think its going to be malagacar.com. Ive spent a bit of time reading reviews and this one looks ok (thanks patience).

great minds and all that - i too have dropped the services of the 'brokers' and will be opting to book direct. Malaga car is the forerunner at the mo but i cant tell if they have the cdw / excess waiver options. Auto Lido is another one you may wanna have a peek at - called them an hour ago and he confirmed excess is waived and all costs covered bar damage to wheels/side mirrors - but i forgot to ask abt the full/empty petrol tank policy thingie...
Original Poster
samwants2save

great minds and all that - i too have dropped the services of the … great minds and all that - i too have dropped the services of the 'brokers' and will be opting to book direct. Malaga car is the forerunner at the mo but i cant tell if they have the cdw / excess waiver options. Auto Lido is another one you may wanna have a peek at - called them an hour ago and he confirmed excess is waived and all costs covered bar damage to wheels/side mirrors - but i forgot to ask abt the full/empty petrol tank policy thingie...

Thank you - will check that one out before taking the plunge. I believe malagacar is half full, leave empty. I thought hiring a car was easy! Theres loads of things to take into account!
The great thing about carjet is the fact it's all inclusive insurance wise, meaning no massive deposit to pay when you collect the car. You only pay the price of the rental.
Banned
make sure the car hire has excess damage waiver as well as collision damage waiver. Most car rental firms will charge you up to £1000 if you have an accident but most people dont realise this as they think they are covered by CDW!

easycar are the worst for this practice.

I used carjet last time I went to malaga.
csiman

make sure the car hire has excess damage waiver as well as collision … make sure the car hire has excess damage waiver as well as collision damage waiver. Most car rental firms will charge you up to £1000 if you have an accident but most people dont realise this as they think they are covered by CDW!easycar are the worst for this practice.This is why whoever you book with will charge you extra for more insurance when you get there. We always take out insurance4carhire before we go and this covers everything. (quidco and tcb are normally good for this) Hertz once charged us £160 for extra insurance but if you produce your cover note they just shrug their shoulders and give up the hard sell.I used carjet last time I went to malaga.

Original Poster
patience_1

http://www.malagacar.com/uk/car/car-hire-malaga-airport-rates.htmlWe have … http://www.malagacar.com/uk/car/car-hire-malaga-airport-rates.htmlWe have used this firm and they are excellent. Clean, nice car and very quick service and also very cheap. They pick you up from the airport and drive you across the road (about 3 mins drive) and take you to the car straight away. Returning is just as easy - drop it off and a guy drives you striaght away to depatrues. No waiting in queues.Take out car hire insurance before you go to save paying for extra cover that all the firms try to sell you from http://www.insurance4carhire.com/

Just an update - we used this company and we found them to be very good. No problems. Rep waiting, newish car, (cars all seemed to be in garage onsite). Thanks Patience for your recommendation. We will certainly use them again should the need arise.
Banned
patience_1

not true hence why I recommended to check what cover is included before you book (a few have full EDW and CDW)

easyjet have excesses up to £1500 hidden in the small print which people dont realise till they have to pay it after an accident!
Another vote for Malagacar, by far the best in my experience.
LJM- did you buy extra insurance before flying out (to cover EDW etc as csiman recommends)
Took me about an hour to get out of the multi storey they leave the cars in lol.
Original Poster
samwants2save

LJM- did you buy extra insurance before flying out (to cover EDW etc as … LJM- did you buy extra insurance before flying out (to cover EDW etc as csiman recommends)

No. We got asked but declined and no effort was made to force us. Suppose it depends if you want to take the risk or not.
Original Poster
aircanman

Took me about an hour to get out of the multi storey they leave the cars … Took me about an hour to get out of the multi storey they leave the cars in lol.

Which company was this? Not Malagacar as cars not in a multi storey!
RECENT UPDATE: malagacar.com/

used these guys for 9 days hire, very cheap and service was good. Reserved a Fiesta size car and got a Toyota Auris!

pick up from the coach side was a little slow due to it being really busy, had to wait for the next mini bus pick up which was not long. its only 2 minutes out from the airport.

paid for half a tank (around 45 euros which was a little OTT but the care hire is cheap!) returned it on empty.

as we parked up to return the car, they jumped in and drove us to departure gate and left us at the entrance. Cant really go wrong!

Advice - if you use a TOMTOM careful that you dont get lost like we did on the way back to the airport as they have several new motorways around the airport and our TomTom was not updated!

Edited by: "silentsource" 11th Jun 2012
Banned
Wow old thread re started. I used to travel to Malaga 12 times a year.

Autoflores without doubt the best. They leave keys at transportation office in the airport. You show passport on collection, you're handed keys together with short term car parking ticket that you need to pay for as well as the exact location of the car. On your return just park in short term car park, lock keys in the boot and text Spanish number with reg number and location of car. New cars, no excess, no arguments. Brilliant
Lyrrad

Wow old thread re started. I used to travel to Malaga 12 times a year. … Wow old thread re started. I used to travel to Malaga 12 times a year. Autoflores without doubt the best. They leave keys at transportation office in the airport. You show passport on collection, you're handed keys together with short term car parking ticket that you need to pay for as well as the exact location of the car. On your return just park in short term car park, lock keys in the boot and text Spanish number with reg number and location of car. New cars, no excess, no arguments. Brilliant

Yep that'll do me, bookmarked/saved. Although I'll probably be arrested next time I enter the country anyway due to last hire car experience
Banned
sparkyIreland

Yep that'll do me, bookmarked/saved. Although I'll probably be arrested … Yep that'll do me, bookmarked/saved. Although I'll probably be arrested next time I enter the country anyway due to last hire car experience

The short term car parking fee is no more than 3-5 Euros.
Watch out for speed cameras (On the road to Nerja). I should also add that an Opel meriva is not the ideal vehicle to take onto a Malaga beach at night. If this is an essential part of your holiday I suggest befriending a Spanish man that has a friend with a 24hr tow truck
Banned
sparkyIreland

Yep that'll do me, bookmarked/saved. Although I'll probably be arrested … Yep that'll do me, bookmarked/saved. Although I'll probably be arrested next time I enter the country anyway due to last hire car experience

It's been about 2 years since I used them, and just reading their website reminded me that they actually meet you at the airport now as a first time customer (they started doing this when airport was expanded as it can be tricky to fimd transportation office).

I used to actually contact Jose or Franciso day before I was travelling. A very personal service. I did get a car vandalised a bit on one occasion and although I was concerned they didn't bat an eyelid.
Edited by: "Lyrrad" 9th Oct 2015
Is this an early script for a Die Hard sequel ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions