Groups

car hire Spain

Can anybody please give any advise for a 1st time car hirer in Spain, costa del sol

Thank u

5 Comments

if you go on moneysavingexpert
    there's a lot info on there about car hire

I have used Goldcar in the past, they are super-cheap and I had no issues with them except the stupidly long line (2 hours+) waiting to get the car in the first place. As always, make sure that you book by credit card and ensure that you take the credit card with you else they will sting you for either a further booking or you have to purchase the full, expensive insurance.

As long as you follow the rules, and fill the car up before you return it, and also take out car hire excess insurance rather than pay their excessive insurance costs you'll be fine.

Some of the major names (Hertz/Enterprise) may not be the same as they are here, either, some are just franchises and not necessarily the big name service you are expecting. I'll stress this again, get the car hire excess insurance :-)

On another related note, in the Costa Del Sol the toll roads are extortionately expensive, at least they were when I last used them (2014) - think 10 euros for about 10 miles - fantastic roads but I took the non-toll roads and they were nice, but they ran past some towns and so had slightly more traffic, but nothing excessive (I went in September)

The moneysavingexpert page has some great advice though

I use sky scanner for car rentals in Spain, mega cheap

Avoid goldcar and argue car hire in Malaga. Ridiculously high excesses and you'll queue for hours to get the car.

Used these 3 times at Malaga. Great prices, full CDW and edw, fair fuel policy and efficient service.

marbenjo.com/
    Edited by: "chocci" 19th Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364
      2. Spotify Family Premium share715
      3. word association Game73944490
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423

See more discussions